“First Time Visit - don't know if I would do it again!”

Ginny Lane Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Ginny Lane Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 135 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Choose from freshly made appetizers, soups or gourmet salads, your favorite sandwiches as well as some that will appease the more discerning tastes, fresh seafood, pasta dishes, USDA prime beef.Kids are welcome.
Decatur, Georgia
“First Time Visit - don't know if I would do it again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Family of 4 - one of the orders was their special-New York Strip with mashed potatoes cooked medium well. Steak was awesome but found piece of plastic wrapper in potatoes. Notified server who notified someone else who came to the table to discuss the issue, explained the steak was delicious but the plastic was another issue, they apologized for the happening would do another plate - the new platter was delivered, everyone else was finished with their meal, again they apologized. The new steak was so full of grissle, less than half was edible. Cannot believe that whoever cooked this steak would ever bother serving this steak as you would have been able to see the condition of the steak prior to hitting the grill. Not looking for a comp on the meal but their was never an offer other than "Sorry", also informed the server when she returned to deliver the check about the condition of the steak, didn't even get a peep from her.
Must say the other food was good, but still don't understand how they react to a problem with their food.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank MJ2014614

Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent Food & Service - One of My Favorite Restaurants at Gulf Shores”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I had a date night planned during our vacation and I made a reservation at Ginny Lane specifically because my wife is very finicky on the food she eats. She refuses to eat seafood, dislikes ethnic foods, and is simply a meat & potatoes type of girl.

Having spent an ENTIRE day browsing/researching and looking at TA forums for places to eat, all the recommendations had some kind of seafood as the main feature. Ginny Lane was the ONLY place that catered to my wife's palate.

The restaurant is very nice compared to others we've been to. Service was impeccable and the food was fantastic.

Spinach & Artichoke dip is recommended as an appetizer. It was warm & gooey (but not runny like some I've had). Salads were as fresh as you can expect from a salad.

We both got the New York Strip steak and it was a VERY good steak. Tender & flavorful. The roasted potatoes had just the right amount of crisp & spices too.

Everything about Ginny Lane was A+ and I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Faluzure
“A place to eat at The Wharf in Orange Beach, Ala”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Good hamburger, good serve and good music...cute small place- we sat outside listening to the music. That was nice.

New York City, New York
“overpriced, low quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is typically my very favorite restaurant in Orange Beach. I'm sorry to say that on our vacation this year I recommended that my son take his girlfriend there for a date night and they were very disappointed in their food. My son got the stuffed flounder and date got filet oscar which is usually to die for but both were very unimpressive. Their comment was "Chili's food would have been better". They also had the tuna dip appetizer and it tasted like canned tuna. I'm wondering if the management has changed because three weeks ago I took friends to eat there and one ordered the grouper. She could not eat it because it was very fishy tasting.

“Not our kind of place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I gave this a 3 star because it was a little overpriced and fancy for our family. We were really hungry and were trying to find Bimini Bob's. GPS is not always perfect, lets just put it that way. The kids were wilting from the heat and hunger so we just decided to eat here and when I walked in I was worried we were underdressed. We have a 7, 5 and 3 year old and so there are just some restaurants that you just never really feel comfortable at. They brought us one basket of bread which was yummy, but no refill. My food was delicious, I got the crabcakes. Other than the fact that I felt uncomfortable and the food was a little more expensive than we wanted that day, this place just didn't really stand out. There were restaurants on the other side of the street that were right on the water but again, we felt they were too fancy for how we were dressed. We just ended up in the wrong place when we were too hungry.