“Disappointed”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Arkansas
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My girlfriends and I are currently staying here. I'm not one to publicly complain, but every day we find a new problem.

1. We were told the balcony overlooked the beach. Ours looks out at the pool and all the other balconies.
2. The refrigerator doesn't cool properly.
3. The door to the balcony in the bedroom is sealed shut.
4. The door to the balcony also had ants running up and down it.
5. The Wifi is terrible! We needed to look up restaurants and stores to shop and it takes forever to load if that!
6. Today we found that the garbage disposal doesn't work properly. It shot food straight into the air and all over the kitchen from the other side of the sink.
7. The refrigerator has been leaking a brown substance all week.
8. We have four people on our trip.. There are only three balcony chairs, not to mention it's totally crammed.
9. The couch pull out which I've been sleeping on is ridiculously uncomfortable.
10. I get the purpose of energy saving light bulbs.. but when we turn on the bathroom light we'd appreciate light immediately.
11. The vacuum which we used daily was held together by rubber bands to keep it from falling apart.
12. The blender didn't work at all... We tried to make smoothies for breakfast. That was a joke.
13. The work out room had no air conditioning.

We were hoping for a relaxing and enjoyable week. While in the condo, we were anything but.

Room Tip: You need an end room. Those are the only ones looking out at the ocean. LOTS of kids.. It's de...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JNGordon

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Conway
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I booked a 4 person condo. 1bd, 1.5 bath with an "ocean view from every window" The view was of the pool not the beach. The refrigerator leaked and does not cool properly-it took 2 days for the ice to make, the blender didn't work, there is hardly any utensils, the provided beach towel had a hole, the lights are the energy saving kind where it takes a couple of minutes for it to become bright, the vacuum has a rubberband around it holding it together, the seat cushions don't fit the chairs, one of the lamps doesn't work, the Wi-Fi is awful it doesn't work anywhere, the door in the bedroom is sealed shut to the balcony and the balcony was small with only 3 old plastic chairs. The pullout was terrible..another review mentioned 3 inch mattress with the springs-yes. A pro was the large bathroom with the walk in shower and whirlpool tub. The place just has a lot of maintenance issues. I will not come back here.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ouachitalake
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I booked this room at the last minute just before the big 4th of July Holiday weekend. I have to admit, my expectations were lower than usual given the great pricing and location. According to my travelling companions, I hit a homerun with this one. Rented a 3 bedroom corner unit and it not only exceeded my diminished expectations for this trip, but my usual high standards for accomodations. Granted the décor was not my taste and a little outdated, but the room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. The kitchen was stocked with every utensil, serving dish, etc that I could hope for--even had a coffee bean grinder!!! The beach is spectacular and the views from the room were phenomenal.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Musharooni
Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had mixed feeling about this timeshare booking. However, we had a very pleasant stay (but of course I am accustomed to timeshare properties). This property is an older property but no less worthy of a great vacation. We had a one bedroom unit and a partial view. If you want the grand, sweeping oceanfront views, you need to book the large units (I think the 3 bd unit is closest to the ocean). Our one bed unit was nicely equipped and very spacious, as well as our patio. This unit has two pools which is AWESOME; if the children inundate one pool, we simply move to the other. One pool is also heated! This was a great, budget-friendly ocean front vacation. I would stay here again.

Please note: If you are seaking the "cool" trendy hot spot, this isn't the place for you. If you want high end luxury, this isn't the place for you. However, if you want a nice, clean family vacation or a quieter property, this place is great!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SPERRY8302
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Booked through my timeshare...was very disappointed of the dark drab hallways... I was told it slept 4 and had a balcony overlooking the beach and pool area...the safa bed mattress was about 3 inches with springs polking through the fabrics and the corners all curled up... Wasn't fit to even use for a doggie bed! The balcony didn't fit 4 people on it and had 10 yr old plastic furniture on it and to sit there you had to climb over chairs to get to table, the view...was the roof of the outside bath house!!! Very disappointed in what I have paid as an "owner"!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Disapointed1955
Hammond, LA
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stated here for a quick 3 day weekend and was happy overall with the resort. Was skeptical coming in with all the crazy rain they had all week but everything looked top notch when we were there.

The pools are both heated which was nice. May not be as nice when it's 105 degrees outside but perhaps that turn off the heaters then? Who knows. But when we were there is was just right. Gulf was way too cold to swim so having the pools right there was very nice.

Hard to judge rooms as each one is different for the most part. We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo which was a decent size. Me personally, I would have preferred a smaller master bath and a bigger living room. When we got there, was late, so we got the couch bed open ready to get some rest and it had the smallest mattress ever on there and was NOT comfy.

But like I said, each condo is prob different so don't base your choice to stay on the room review. The place is nice and well kept and def worth the stay!

Stayed May 2014
4 Thank David5131
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stay at Palm Beach every year meeting our kids for a trip to the beach. It's always clean, has amazing views, quick access to the beach and with 2 pools you don't have to fight the crowds. Easy access to shopping and restaurants. Full kitchen if you wish to cook meals. The 3 bedroom condos are comfortable and roomy enough for 3 couples, with the master bedroom having enough room for a baby crib, pack n play, etc. or smaller children to sleep on the floor. It's not overly fancy at all, but we love the beach access and it's a quiet resort. We love staying on the end units closest to the beach - great views and breezes!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family