“Loved Sugar Beach!”
Review of Sugar Beach

Sugar Beach
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Let me just be upfront about the worst of it, there is no Wifi here…BUT that is the worst thing I can say about this place. I rented a unit through Brett Robinson Realty; I highly recommend them as well. I am really into feeling safe and the people, the location the environment felt so family friendly and was indeed so amiable that I would absolutely return! I traveled with my husband and children, we truly had a great time. The one bedroom condo was super clean and had an upstairs bedroom loft. The only property concerns that I ran into was were a few low grade maintenance issues in the unit and Brett Robinson had that taken care of rather promptly while we were out enjoying the beach. For a stay right on the beach, there is not a better value in Orange Beach. We were absolutely pleased with Sugar Beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank CarolinaTravelGal

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I booked this facilty on line & everything was a breeze. 2 girlfriends & mself shared unit #351 & would book it again!!! We felt like we were @ home and very safe! The pools & beach are very accessable! Great amenities, great price.Cant wait to go back! My family booked different condos further down the beach & ours was by far the nicer, easiest to get around, and more affordable!!! Highly recomend!!! A +++

Room Tip: I did call the property to ask specifics needs about the room that were important to us & they w...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We got this 2 bedroom condo for next to nothing from a friend of a friend so I won't put the condo # here. But, I could see why it was available for a busy weekend in the middle of July the minute we drove into the parking garage. It was scary trying to squeeze around in the cramped garage! This may vary from condo to condo, but the walls are paper thin. We could hear actual conversations from neighboring condos! The grounds were outdated and didn't offer a fraction of the amenities nearby condos did. But, I guess you get what you pay for!
It is right on the beach but some units don't have a water view...so be careful when booking! The beach is perfect and there are chairs/umbrellas available to rent for a minimal $20/day. There are 2 small pools on the beach but unfortunately there isn't a beach view from the pool due to the grass...I suppose the grass and dunes provide protection, but it would be nice to sit by the pool watch the waves!
So, if you can get a unit for $100 or less per night, it's worth it....otherwise look around a little more.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank tropicaldreamn
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband and I had never been on vacation until this time. We didn't really know what we were looking for since we hadn't ever been to Orange beach before so we were pretty much going by what we though would be perfect for us. We found Sugar Beach 242 to be a Studio Condo. It was perfect for the 2 of us. As we entered the Condo it was just as pictured online so there was no surprises there. Although we didn't cook, the kitchen was stocked with pots and pans, plates, silverware...ETC. With this facility having 4 pools they were never to full for you to jump right in. :))

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. We are staying again in room 243, another stuido condo just next door, in just 23 days. :))

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie T
Reviewed 13 August 2012

There is no wifi, the electrical outlets in our room were hanging out of the wall, the blinds were broken so everyone could see in, upstairs has horribly stained curtains, must wash your own towels or pay for more, must wash every dish or pay extra, empty all trash or pay extra, no extra blankets, reserved ocean view room and you have to looks around the corner of the balcony to see the ocean. Will not ever stay there again

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mmtroberts
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed at this complex (unit 379) for 5 nights. great location - right on the beach. Beautiful white sand beach and very safe both day and night. Water was warm but there were strong waves/current while we were there so our youngest couldn't swim in ocean. There were also jellyfish as me, my husband and older child were all stung on different days. Also have to pay for beach chair on sand if u don't bring your own. If u like boogie boarding pick a cheap one up from Walmart. Do not buy at resort store. Waaay over priced.
the complex has 4 pools so easy to find a beach chair. Pools never too crowded. Water was clean and warm. No shade though so gets hot just sitting there. Pools are right beside ocean so easy to go back and forth.
There is a little snack/drink store called the Sugar Shack. Best avoided eventhough it's right there. Food is terrible and overpriced. Flies buzzing around inside landing on food. Drinks very expensive - just bring your own to pool as most people did.
Unit was clean but in serious need of an update and paint. Starting to look dated and worn. Bed upstairs is great but pullout is terrible. Even our kids complained how uncomfortable it is. Unit has full kitchen and washer/dryer that we took advantage of. Everything in working order.
Also was nice having 2 full bathrooms so we had one and kids had other.
Didn't really get to enjoy balcony due to lightening storms at night but it was private (not best view as it faces on highway).
Check in/out was inconvenient although staff were friendly. You have to drive to a real estate building to pick up and drop off key. Would be nicer if there was a drop box.
We enjoyed our stay and would stay at that complex again although probably in a different unit just because of bad bed and shabbiness.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank cantravellor
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We regretfully cancelled our hotel and booke this studio unit. There is a huge area of mold growing on the wall by the AC unit, which was ancient and leaked water. Signs of regular cleaning were not evident anywhere. The bed bug barrier on the mattress has rips in it - so obviously this mattress has been treated for bed bugs and they can't be bothered to put another cover on. The bedspread was beyond stained and disgusting - my car blanket became our cover. Due to costly car repairs the day before we left - we really didn't have an extra $700 to get a different unit - after dishing out $600 for what we called The Pit. The owner has put in a new toilet, vanity and washer dryer combo but that hardly makes up for the mold and disgusting dirty unit. Meyer should be embarassed to represent this unit

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple