“Great time”
Review of Sugar Beach

Sugar Beach
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Had the best time ever. Everyone was so very nice...very good beach access...can't
wait to go back. The sugar shak was amazing food at a reasonable price. The kitchen was very nice. We were able to cook on the grill by the pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I loved the staff at Sugar Beach. I actually stayed in 2 different unit. The 1st was average, but the the 2nd unit (359) was so warm and welcoming. I did not like, that there was really anything close, walking distance. This is a family place, Unfortunately, I went by myself. I will difinitely stay here again, but with company...

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tammy F
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed in #347. One bedroom with a pullout for our 2 kids. It was clean with a view of the beach from the balcony. We loved it! It's small, but we weren't in it most of the time anyway, and the location is perfect. Full kitchen and easy access to the 3 charcoal grills at the complex. 4 pools at Sugar Beach, including a kids pool. And we met lots of nice people. Very cool place! The only down part was the parking garage. Lots of poles and small spaces. If you drive a big SUV, be prepared to navigate carefully!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Toby M
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Sugar Beach Condos in Unit 320 from 6/29-7/4. Overall, a fantastic stay. The room was clean and the location was perfect if you're in to beach access. The room was perfect for our situation. Nice kitchen, good balcony and an upstairs/loft area with a queen and a full sized bed. Service at the Sugar Shack was great for both kids and adults. Mixed drinks at a good price. Tremendous value here!! Will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We've stayed here last two years and we love the location and price! We've rented on VRBO both times and have had great luck with a good property. This year we stayed in a two bedroom on the west side and we were very pleased.we have a decent view of the beach. For an entire week we only paid $1280 including taxes and cleaning fee.
I agree with the reviews about wifi not working but I could get a signal on the IPad but not iPhone 4.
There's a little on site place called Sugar Shack for hamburgers and hotdogs etc and even mixed drinks

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Before I give you the pros and cons, let me first tell you that I booked through price line.com. Do not book through them if you can avoid it. Try to book it through Brett Robinson realty. They own the updated condos. Sugar Sands ( the company that price line has you use) owns the rest. The condos owned by Sugar Sands are kind of a pain.

Pros: great location. Staff was super nice, and it is right on the beach. The sugar shack was great. Its next to the pools. You can order food, candy, drinks, and even alcoholic beverages. The condos are away from the heavy tourism. Price was decent since it was on the beach.

Cons: very out dated condo. I was charged a $167 cleaning fee prior to my arrival, but had to empty all of my own trash and take it to the dumpster, clean up the bathroom, wash dishes and wash sheets. This was extremely ridiculous to me. If you don't clean it up you are charged a fee on top of the $167 cleaning fee. you get one roll of toilet paper, no extra trash bags, no soap, and 3 towels. If you want a new one you are charged a fee (I think it was $35). We made a trip to target to buy everything we needed since the condo didn't come with the bare necessities.

Like I said, great location, great staff, but I'm not staying again unless I book through Brett Robinson realty next time. The cleaning fee is ridiculous to charge when the guest has to clean everything up anyway.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Julierunnergirl
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed at Sugar Beach with a group of family & friends and had a wonderful experience. The unit we rented (through Brett Robinson) was clean and very nice. It is also in a great location. We would certainly stay at Sugar Beach again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family