“Discovered Orange Beach, AL” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Cary, North Carolina
“Discovered Orange Beach, AL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach is definitely a 5 Star plus property.
Customer Service - 5
Price - 5
Breakfast - 5
Cleanliness - 5
Responsiveness - 5
Staff - 5
Beach Proximity - 5

Would I stay their again...YES!!
Would I recommend it ........YES!!

I have heard about Orange Beach, AL and wanted to see it and FairField Inns made it possible with their Price. If you check room rates with other properties, you can easily pay $200.00 and up per night. I have paid more for far less in other properties.

They are not on the beach but are only a short walk to the beach across the street. They also have a shuttle cart to take you up to that street.

I have seen lesser reviews but found nothing in my stay to merit less than my rating of 5 STARS!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
2 Thank Jviivii

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This will definitely be our go to hotel when visiting Orange Beach. No it's not on the Beach but close enough to walk or catch the hotel shuttle(very convenient). Free breakfast is included, free parking, free wifi; what more can you ask for. Appearance of Hotel and customer service is everything and that was good. Oh, for those of you who enjoy New Orleans style seafood and speciality dishes there's a restaurant called Acme Oyster House about 15 minutes away that you will really enjoy! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
4 Thank mrsfree
Springdale, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We called at the last minute for a room, staff was great. We was told one price on the phone then told another price when we checked in. The staff at the desk gave us the first price we was told. Rooms was very clean and neat, updated. Breakfast was nice the next day, plenty to eat and drink. Staff that morning was friendly and glad to help you out. I would stay there again.
Thanks
Pamela E

Room Tip: I would make sure you understand the price when you call.
Green Features: the hotel was clean, grounds was well taken care of.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank pamela e
Orange Beach, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Hotel and we couldn't ask for a better experience. The staff was amazing! Clean rooms and very convenient location. Great breakfast everything was fresh. We will definitely go back to this Marriott.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason W
Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this through Hotels.com. Our Room had a great view with a balcony. The Kids loved the hotel. The hotel is clean and quiet and close to the beach. A shuttle is provided back and forth from the beach. There is a Dollar General, and mini Walmart close by in case you need anything. This will be my go to hotel for my stays at Orange Beach!

Stayed August 2014
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

After reading some of the reviews on here (after I'd already booked) I got a bit nervous. Our first day was just a bit rocky, somehow our room was missed by housekeeping, after a day at the beach we returned to unmade beds (which, honestly, I don't care about) and no clean towels (this one was a bummer!). The front desk gave us towels and sent someone up to do the beds and such while we were out for dinner. They left one of their cleaning towels lying on the bed. Again, not a big issue, I just tossed it down by the trash can and they picked it up the next day, just something that usually doesn't happen.

Other than those minor things, everything was fine. The shuttle service to the beach was nice, though be advised that they don't take you TO the beach, but drop you off at the crosswalk across from the beach access boardwalk (about .1mi from the hotel property). When you want a return ride, you pick up a phone on the boardwalk and they come to get you. We never had to wait more than a few minutes for a ride to the beach, and I don't think we waited at all for a ride back. It's a nice service that makes it just a bit easier to get your family and your beach gear to the sand.

All the staff we dealt with seemed courteous and friendly with the exception of one member who, wasn't exactly what I'd call rude, but just very short and seemed as if I was bothering her by asking if they had room to accommodate us for an additional night's stay. Not enough to ruin my stay, just an observation.

Overall, this hotel is conveniently located and moderately priced for the area. While we probably won't stay here again, it's no fault of the hotel (we usually rent a house but were too late making reservations to get one that suited our needs this year), I would certainly recommend this hotel to friends and family looking to stay somewhere a bit less expensive than the beach front properties.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Josh M
Sumter, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I traveled to Orange Beach for a combo business / pleasure trip and chose this location because it is the only Marriott hotel close to the beach. He stays at Marriott's exclusively when he travels for work and we try to stay at them when we go somewhere as well. Typically the hotels, staff, housekeeping, etc are all consistent and wonderful. This "Marriott" proved that theory wrong. Our first indication was when we pulled up out front to check-in and noticed an employee standing feet from the main entry doors, in uniform, smoking. Is there no other place for the employees to take a smoke break other than right outside the front door? Secondly, when we went to check in the front desk employee acted as if we were bothering her when we requested a room facing the front (although not on the beach, you could tell that certain rooms may have a minimal view of the beach). We were told our room was already assigned and that, since the hotel was full, no special accommodations could be made. When we made it to our room we noticed a musty odor, almost like mildew, as well as some very poorly replaced wallpaper in the bathroom. I'm not sure how old the hotel is, but it IS still a Marriott and we expected better. Housekeeping, what there was of it, was also a joke. I'm not sure that our room had been vacuumed or dusted prior to our arrival (or even in the week or so prior). Could this be part of the problem leading to the musty odor? The hotel wasn't a total bust though, the free breakfast was nice, although more than one waffle maker would be nice, especially with the number of people waiting to use it. Needless to say, my husband and I will not be back to this Marriott - ever.

Room Tip: You do not get to choose your room, they "assign" it and don't care what you think.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Kacy E
Karen C, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Kacy E,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take your feedback, good and bad, as constructive criticism and we will address the issues you encountered. We value you as a loyal Marriott member and strive to accommodate your requests. It is difficult to upgrade and make changes to reservations during our busy summer season when the hotel is sold out. Upgrades/room assignments are made on the day of arrival with exception to ADA reservations. In addition, for the footprint of our property, all like room types are on the same side of the building i.e. King beds facing south, 2 queen beds facing north. We regret this may have not been explained. We will address the smoking in public issue as we do have smoking areas for our employees. As a non-smoking hotel, it is unacceptable and very unprofessional to have a guest witness an employee smoking in plain sight. We have always had two waffle irons and a backup iron for our busy breakfast area. It is hard for even me to believe we had two quit working on the same weekend that you were here, but it happened. I opted to have the one iron and have a line, than pull the whole station down. I regret you encountered these issues at our hotel and can only hope that if you are in our area again, you would give us another chance and consider staying with us. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange Beach
BEST WESTERN on the Beach
BEST WESTERN on the Beach
#3 of 24 in Gulf Shores
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,077 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach? Share your experiences!