Our large group, consisting of 5 adults and 3 children, stayed at this property for a family vacation. We had mixed feelings about the property and most likely would not stay here again. The pros:
1. Close to the beach
2. Swimming pool and children's wading pool were adequate and seemed equivalent to the places we could see from our balcony
3. Beach chair and umbrella rental were conveniently close
4. Location in Orange Beach was great. Lots to do in Gulf Shores and we were minutes from excellent restaurants.
5. A/C system was great - it was COLD, and on a hot Southern summers day, that's what you want!
6. Living room furniture was comfortable and there were plenty of places for everyone to sit. Same goes for dining room table.
1. Unit was very dirty. Everyone in our party commented on the dirty bathrooms, exceptionally dirty floors (sticky, noticeably dirty, feet were black after minutes of walking around) and dirty kitchen. This was very disappointing.
2. Unit had obviously been closed up for some time, and had a very sour, unpleasant smell. We attempted to counteract this by opening the door, buying air freshener and running a diffuser. The bedroom with the queen size bed continued to smell throughout the duration of our stay, even after all the bedding was shaken out and freshened. Our clothes from staying at the unit all had to be washed to remove the smell. The smell was mildew/rotten/old wet towels - it was disgusting.
3. The refrigerator had a noticeable odor, even though it was empty.
4. The lack of basic necessities, such as toilet paper and paper towels had not been mentioned to us and we were again disappointed that we had to purchase such things (we had planned to purchase food, and brought laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, etc, but did not realize we needed to buy toilet paper!)
5. The elevator was extraordinarily slow. This wasn't a problem for us due to the time of year that we vacationed, but one can imagine how frustrating it would be during the peak season.
6. Having to park one car off site during the slow season when the entire parking lot was empty was VERY frustrating. We understood the arrangement to be during peak season when all the units were rented, but that was not the case during our stay. The parking policy needs to be revised immediately to state that parking is based on availability. If you are planning to take more than 2 cars on your trip, be advised that you will HAVE to park the extra vehicle/s at the management office which is 7 miles away in Gulf Shores.
Overall, we would not stay here again, due to the parking issues and cleanliness issues. Based on our perusal of the guest book, the unit had only been rented on average once a month in the past year. With all the competition for vacation rentals in Orange Beach, the owners and property management company need to step up their game. We enjoyed the beach, the pool, the proximity to Gulf Shores and good restaurants, but unfortunately, the cons will keep us from renting this property, or any other Kaiser Realty property again.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Check-in / front desk||Service|
|Check-in / front desk||Service|