“Great atmosphere and Good Food”

Cobalt The Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 142 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come experience contemporary coastal cuisine at its best. Cobalt, The Restaurant, located in Orange Beach, features authentic dishes crafted by renowned chefs in three distinct kitchens. Nestled under the Perdido Bay Bridge, next to Caribe Resort, guests can enjoy a spectacular view of the bay from every table. For those who wish to approach by water, there are numerous boat slips available for small boats as well as medium-sized yachts. However you choose to arrive, Cobalt offers a casual and relaxing atmosphere with waterfront dining, live music and superior service. Open for daily for lunch and dinner.
Rochester, Illinois
“Great atmosphere and Good Food”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We are Snowbirds that travel to Orange Beach for the winter. Very Often we go out with a large group of friends for lunch or dinner. We are happy to report that we can always find a large table for us a Cobalt. The service is good and we like the special presentations of food that are pleasantly different from the usual. Great Sunday Brunch!

• Visited March 2014

Asheville, North Carolina
“Food Presentation is nice, food is 'ok'...nothing special for the prices.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My sister, 4 of her grandkids, her daughter in law and I had our last night's dinner here at Cobalt after spending a week on Spring Break in Orange Beach..Some people were dressed very nicely, others (like ourselves) were in casual attire.. Upon opening the menu, I was quite shocked at the prices, and thought that this would be an upscale Cajun gourmet experience...yea, I had a hamburger. My nephew ordered as an appetizer the Firecracker Shrimp and invited us all to try it...everyone LOVED them! Even the server said they were his favorite. I ordered the Cobalt Burger, which was filling, but both I and my other nephew (he ordered one too..$13 for a hamburger?) thought the blue cheese was a bit over whelming on it. I tried their greens instead of fries, I like greens, but Cracker Barrel's is much better.. Those who order the Fresh Catch (Snapper) enjoyed it...and my niece ordered the BBQ Ribs ($23..seriously??) and took most of the full rack back to the condo.

I guess most foods are expensive in a resort town, but this place seemed over the top for regular food you can get at any BBQ joint for half as much...

They won't seat you until your entire party is present..so even if you have 8 people, and 3 of them are just a few minutes late,they won't seat the majority of your party...why I don't know.

• Visited April 2014
“Delicious and great atmosphere! ”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a great dinner here, the food was all delicious - don't miss the firecracker shrimp app and the baked oysters, both were soooooo good!! And, I had the very best chocolate cake (not to mention a delicious steak). Highly recommend!

Mobile, Alabama
“Great Location Great Experience Good Food”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Cobalt is an acceptable restaurant in a great location with great sunsets and an inviting décor. Unfortunately the food is not very impressive, the prices are quite steep and the food is mediocre. My pecan encrusted catfish portion was very generous, but it was overly battered and a bit too oily. My companion had the blackened shrimp and grits. We found the shrimp to be tough the grits to be overly thick.

We worth the visit for the view, but I recommend having the pizza and beer and enjoying the sunset!

• Visited April 2014
Mobile, Alabama
“Great sun set”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Excellent food , a step above the rest. Grilled shrimp and blackened grouper excellent. Great view for enjoying the bay.

Visited March 2014