“Great views, very good food...”

Cobalt The Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 144 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come experience contemporary coastal cuisine at its best. Cobalt, The Restaurant, located in Orange Beach, features authentic dishes crafted by renowned chefs in three distinct kitchens. Nestled under the Perdido Bay Bridge, next to Caribe Resort, guests can enjoy a spectacular view of the bay from every table. For those who wish to approach by water, there are numerous boat slips available for small boats as well as medium-sized yachts. However you choose to arrive, Cobalt offers a casual and relaxing atmosphere with waterfront dining, live music and superior service. Open for daily for lunch and dinner.
Perdido Key, Florida
“Great views, very good food...”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I've been to Cobalt on several occasions - the food has always been fresh & well prepared...grilled fish & deserts have been outstanding....seafood/chicken salads are ordinary. I enjoy the main entrees and the ambiance - plan to return.

Toledo
“Should be in the TOP TEN”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My fiance and I came in at 11am, so I think we just missed the breakfast buffet. There weren't many people here as we arrived. We were waited on by Jimmy, who was very personable and helpful with menu items. We had been looking for a restaurant for our wedding reception in November - this was the first place we tried, and after our entire experience at Cobalt, nothing else compared. The banquet manager, Lisa, was down to earth, accomodating, and very knowledgeable. She emailed us the banquet information while we were at the restaurant. She spoke of the culinary chefs and their experience. I ordered the soup of the day, chicken, mushroom, roasted peppers, and I can't honestly remember the rest, but it was "to die for", and I'm hoping will be able to get at our November dinner. We shared the crab dip, nicely presented, and flavorful, as well as a shrimp entree - very succulent, very good. As the restaurant got busy, I watched all of the wait staff, running around, staying on top of things. I have zero complaints about the food and the service, and we will be back with our family in November. Also, the view is fantastic. The restaurant is a little hard to find as its tucked away below the bridge in Orange Beach, but the atmosphere, ambiance and friendly wait staff was excellent. Thank you, personally to Jimmy and Lisa.

Fort Smith,Arkansas
“Great breakfast Buffett !! $10 including drinks!!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Don't miss this!! Shrimp and grits,wonderful thick cut bacon,and much more for 10 bucks and a Million $$ view of the water!! You can not beat this one!!

• Visited May 2014
Rochester, Illinois
“Great atmosphere and Good Food”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We are Snowbirds that travel to Orange Beach for the winter. Very Often we go out with a large group of friends for lunch or dinner. We are happy to report that we can always find a large table for us a Cobalt. The service is good and we like the special presentations of food that are pleasantly different from the usual. Great Sunday Brunch!

• Visited March 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Food Presentation is nice, food is 'ok'...nothing special for the prices.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My sister, 4 of her grandkids, her daughter in law and I had our last night's dinner here at Cobalt after spending a week on Spring Break in Orange Beach..Some people were dressed very nicely, others (like ourselves) were in casual attire.. Upon opening the menu, I was quite shocked at the prices, and thought that this would be an upscale Cajun gourmet experience...yea, I had a hamburger. My nephew ordered as an appetizer the Firecracker Shrimp and invited us all to try it...everyone LOVED them! Even the server said they were his favorite. I ordered the Cobalt Burger, which was filling, but both I and my other nephew (he ordered one too..$13 for a hamburger?) thought the blue cheese was a bit over whelming on it. I tried their greens instead of fries, I like greens, but Cracker Barrel's is much better.. Those who order the Fresh Catch (Snapper) enjoyed it...and my niece ordered the BBQ Ribs ($23..seriously??) and took most of the full rack back to the condo.

I guess most foods are expensive in a resort town, but this place seemed over the top for regular food you can get at any BBQ joint for half as much...

They won't seat you until your entire party is present..so even if you have 8 people, and 3 of them are just a few minutes late,they won't seat the majority of your party...why I don't know.