“Excellent Vacation”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, great pool/hot tub. My only disappointment was no mini-fridge or microwave in the room-expected at this price, but overall, extremely satisfied.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen G
HamptonOB, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Greeting from the South!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay! We are so pleased to hear that you "wouldn't hesitate to stay again". Repeat guests are very importanat to us a destination property! Also, thank you for mentioning how accomodating it woud be to have a microwave and refrigerator in every room, as for we have plans in the future that will make you even more pleased, to say the least!

We love having you here!

Tana D.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,759)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

If you are looking for a fun, relaxing, family oriented hotel on a quiet beachfront that exhibits beautiful white sand Orange beach, then this is your destination! Tiki bar with craft beer and local cocktail concoctions was a plus. Free awesome breakfast with waffle station!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jav1856

Greetings from Orange Beach!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay! I am absolutely flattered at the fact that you not only enjoyed our premium beers, but took notice of our selection of signature cocktails! Our staff had a blast coming up with the names! We hope that you and yours have no hesitation when you come back to the gulf coast on where to stay!

We love having you here!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

As a hilton honors member for several years I was shocked at how that really didn't matter here. I booked a room several weeks prior on the beach with a microwave and fridge for 5 nights. On my way there I got a call stating I was being downgraded for the night to the street side with no fridge/micro. After the 10 hour drive i begged the woman at the desk for my original beach room and was told I did not have a choice period. Come to find out I was one of only five people in the hotel chosen to be downgraded. I was given a room the next afternoon with a fridge that didn't work. Also, When I told the staff that I did not want to be over the pool with the kids and fountains going one of the ladies looked at me like I was being unreasonable. I kept thinking, if you had put me in the room I originally paid for there wouldn't be an issue. Top it off with not getting the full hilton honors points, I called and left a message and still have not received a phone call. So if you want hilton honors treatment, there is none at this hotel!
As for the location it is great and away from the crowd on the beach. I just couldn't hear the waves because of the kids yelling and the water sprayer going all night.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank 392mb
HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. I am sad to hear that you felt you were not treated the way that you should have been treated. We strive to make sure that all of our guest feel appreciated and it seems that we have missed the mark with you. I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention so that I can address them with the appropriate department heads to ensure that this does not continue to happen. It is our goal that our guests leave our hotel with positive memories and pleasant experiences. We hope that in the future your negative experience will not keep you from coming back to see us. Should you want to discuss your recent stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Great family hotel right on the beach. Kids loved it! Room was clean and had good storage. Breakfast has many choices (waffles, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, etc). Pool was crazy but that really was because parents were not watching their kids. Something made of styrofoam exploded in the pool and it appeared hotel staff did not clean it out. Beach is beautiful and you can rent chairs and umbrella by the day. Great value for alternative to a condo..

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you bringing the pool issues to our attention. We were not aware that something styrofoam exploded in the pool, this is an issue that should have been discovered by our team members and I apologize that this was not discovered. I will be addressing this with our teams so that we can ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

On 7/2/14 we had reservations at Hilton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL for two night. On the way from Kentucky to Alabama the fuel pump went out on our vehicle. The nearest rental agency was 50 miles away, and we had no way to get there without a vehicle. While waiting on the side of I-65 for a tow truck, I called the hotel direct. I told them the issue and said we would not be there until the following day. I asked if they wanted to go ahead and rent the room for the one night, and asked if a room would be available on the back end, so we still had two nights. Since they said they were sold out, obviously it was not an issue to rent the room. I was told no they were not renting the room and that we were paying, since we did not notify them several days prior that our fuel pump was going out! I said we would see them in the morning. When we arrived the following day, around 1:30 pm, we were told that our reservation had been cancelled, since we were a "no show" and that they were full. I asked if they charged us, AND then rented the room to someone else for the same night. At that point they "found" a room, but now the price had
gone fro $251.10 to $354.00! After 30 minutes of arguing they made me "a deal" at $25 MORE than my originally confirmed price, since I was making reservations for the same day! Very rude and condescending. No apology for canceling my reservation, and then hiked the price!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
13  Thank David M
HamptonOB, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear David M,

Thank you for taking the time to review my property. As much as I love reading all of the great reviews we get, it is also valuable to recieve a candid review that helps us improve our service. I am very sorry for the errors that we made at the front desk. We had a lack of communication that put you and your family in a compromising situation. I want to thank you for emailing me the details of your reservation so I could rectify the situation and honor the original rate you were quoted. I hope this negative experience doesn't keep you from trying us again. If your travel plans lead you to this area in the future, please give me a call. I would love to prove to you that we can provide better service.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family has stayed at this hotel every year during the 4th of July holiday since it opened. We love it here. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the accommodations, well, they are "Hampton". One of the main reasons I stay at Hamptons is because I know what to expect, and I've never been disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonOB, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and have not been disappointed after many visits. We hope that you and your family will continue to stay at Hampton properties and will return to ours again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

the place was overall nice, clean and great view. i had to return to the front desk every time i returned to my room because the key would not let me in. i was there one night, had to get the key recoded 3 times.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Christopher C

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL. We could not be happier to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, however we apologize that you had troubles with your room keys. This issue was actually brought to our attention over the weekend and we are troubleshooting the issue to find a permanent solution. We hope that the hiccup with the keys will not keep you from returning to the Hampton Inn and Suites in Orange Beach, AL.