“Our Escape”

Escapes! to the Shores
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Our Escape”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed in unit 903, the view was very nice and the unit itself was a very good size considering this was a beach resort. We have exchanged several times to beach resorts. This was the largest beach resort unit that we have experienced. Every unit faces the ocean; parking is little tight, but that's expected with a beach resort.

All units that end with 03 (there are 18 floors) have to share a washer/dryer with 02 units. It appears that the 02 units is just simple 1 bedroom unit, sort of like what a lock-out would be. This was a hassle; as this added another door we had to unlock in order to get in our unit. The people who had the 02 unit next to us were a bunch of kids who very noisy, and would come in around midnight every night. One day they left all their stuff in the dryer and didn’t bother removing the items after the drying cycle was done. This is a very poor design.

Our master bedroom carpet was nasty, appears that there was no attempts to clean it for several months. There was hair that belongs to someone prior to our visit in hot tub located in the master bedroom. The Wi-Fi that the resort was so proud of didn’t work for our room for the first three days. I complained so much that the front desk gave me a direct number of the company that provided the Wi-Fi; finally got fixed and worked the last four days.

The main area is tile, and that meant every time the people above us would move out a chair, table, stool, or whatever, we heard it as though the people were in the same room as us. The resort really needs to put felt on the bottoms of all the stuff that moves, and that would prevent the noise. We had to put a pillow behind the master bedroom bed headboard, the slightest movement made the headboard bang against the wall.

The pool was clean, and the beach was nice. We watch dolphin come up to the beach every morning to eat. There was good shopping within a few miles, and lots of different activities within a five mile area. All activities at the resort cost money except for the owner breakfast. If you didn’t own, the cost was $3.00 per person.

I would return because of the size of the unit.

Room Tip: Every room faces the ocean. I would avoid any room with an '03. The end rooms would be the bes...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Menden1

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at Escapes! over the past four years and I have noticed a significant drop in the quality of the timeshare apartments. It is quite clear that the current management is not keeping the place up. I let management know and their response was that they have lost some of their cleaning crew.

The two bedroom unit that I rented was absolutely filthy when I checked in. There were hairs scattered throughout the bathroom along with used dental floss. I found brightly colored pills from a previous renter among other debris in the carpeting. It was also clear that the shelves of the storage cabinet and entertainment centers had not been dusted in months. The bedspread also had a huge stain on it that appeared to be blood, which the management did change.

The pool area is nice as is the beach. However, the bathrooms near the pool never get attended to. They smell worse than an outhouse and never have any hand towels available. I would expect that the bathrooms would be serviced a few times a day since hundreds of people use them. This is not the case.

Fortunately, I just rent the units and am not an owner. I would be very concerned if I did own as the services and amenities are obviously going down over the years I have been coming here.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have the best view. Try to find one that is XX01.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank rickmsp
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very, very nice condo with all the amenities: fantastic pool (inside and outside), hot tub, sauna, steam room, incredible views of the gulf near restaurants and family fun. We've been coming here for many years.

Room Tip: Choose only 2 bedroom and up. The one bedroom do not have windows or view of any kind.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank David C
Chicago
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 days in mid-May 2014 for the Hangout Music Festival. My wife and I got a 2 bedroom on the 12th floor facing the beach and the unit was HUGE. I believe we took the 2-bedroom because there were no smaller rooms available. It was more money but absolutely giant. 2-bedrooms, 2 baths, a full kitchen, a giant living-room area with a large flatscreen TV. A big balcony with 4 chairs and a table overlooking the beach & Gulf of Mexico. The check-in process was quick and painless. The pool area is nice as well and leads right out to the beach. There is a parking garage and carts to bring luggage or other things up to your room. Remember that it's not a hotel so there is no maid service, bellhops, etc. The complex is along the row of other condo buildings that line the beach (many, many of them) and about 5 miles east of Gulf Shores, 15-20 minutes west of the Flora-Bama bar and maybe 45 minutes west of Pensacola which is where we flew into. A nice spot in a great area that we had never been to before. Thanks to Escape to the Shores for a great weekend.

Room Tip: I can only say that the oceanfront/oceanview rooms have nice views. The rooms that face the interio...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank KenL60089
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked a 2 bedroom suite for the dates of 5-29/6-1 nearly 2 months ago and paid in advance in full. I received a call late this afternoon from EXPEDIA stating that the resort had over booked and was no longer honoring my reservation that again has been paid in full and deducted from my account which should have never been charged if there were not rooms. What I think has happened is there is probably a regular that wanted a room and mine that was booked through expedia is the one they will get! I will never again do any booking through EXPEDIA and I certainly would not dream of staying at this property or any other that is owned by HOME AWAY!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JY1980
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a great 2 bedroom with ocean/beach view. It was huge, clean, and nice! We loved it!!! The beach wasn't over crowded. The best thing was the indoor pool!!! It was windy and cold while we were there so we really used the pool indoors the most. The sauna and hot tub were nice too! Having 2 huge bath tubs and 2 showers in our condo was great. We will be back!

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank DesiMay
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

2 bedroom with ocean view is the only and best way to do it!!! Clean lots of space and nice! Bath room have nice tubs and stand up showers. Master room has a window over looking the beach
1st time booking a condo and I like it better than a hotel!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple