“Just O.K.”
Review of Zen - CLOSED

Zen
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: hwy 161
Description: Trendy, romantic atmosphere with an up beat tempo and decor. Has banquet room, great for entertaining clients, Kid friendly, Outdoor seating, Both Lunch and Dinner, Reservaions excepted but not required
Mobile, Alabama
“Just O.K.”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We've been twice. Service was very good. Food was nothing special. Atmosphere was very good. Usually easy to get into, so if you have trouble finding a place because of crowds, try this place.

Visited September 2013

Possum Trot, KY
“Usual drink menu has great new choices”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Visiting Orange Beach for a couple days and tried Zen's for a great dinner and enjoyed some new drink choices. The pre-dinner drinks had some dry ice in them and were "smokin'"! Tasted so refreshing. The fillet was cut with a fork tender and the scallops were buttery soft and melted in my mouth. Our server couldn't have been any more pleasant and helpful - attentive and knowledgable about all the items. Would come again in a minute!

• Visited October 2013
Destin, Florida
“Asian Fusion”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We took a short day trip from Fort Walton Beach to try Zen as we had the Taste of Excellence coupon book and Zen's menu looked very appetizing in the book. Well, Zen certainly didn't disappoint. The appetizers were plentiful: I ordered the Fried Crab Bites and my Mom couldn't wait to taste the Onion Rings. These were both very tasty and were only $6 and $5 each, respectively. Our entrees were even better: my Goat Cheese Salad was fabulous, hubby ordered the Salmon Stir Fry and my Dad the $8 Baby Back coated with hoisin sauce that was out of this world! Last but certainly NOT least, the peach dessert with bacon on top, yup, you heard correctly, was different but also delicious! This was worth the long drive; I just wish there's one closer to home.

Gulf Shores
“Sooo good!”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We love the food and service here! The food is always fresh, clean and delicious. It such a great and needed change of pace from the fried seafood platters typical of the area. I am a local and I always bring my guests here for at least one meal because they always love it!

Gulf Shores, Alabama
“fun service/great food”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

our server kristin pretty much told us what to order and what not to order in a bossy but funny way! We complied and were thrilled with the results! Everything from her wine selections for us after asking multiple questions about our preferences and getting us tastes(for our more particular attendees). She paired everything perfectly for us even down to the perfect cocktail for our fabulous dessert. If you are in OB,AL you need to visit this place and in particular request Kristin as she will elevate your experience.