“Love this place”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: hwy 161
Description: Trendy, romantic atmosphere with an up beat tempo and decor. Has banquet room, great for entertaining clients, Kid friendly, Outdoor seating, Both Lunch and Dinner, Reservaions excepted but not required
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I only eat at at a few restaurants in Orange Beach and this is one of them. Great food, great service, great prices. Very good lunch menu which is very affordable. If you are looking for a good place to eat in Orange Beach eat at Zens.

1  Thank debbie h

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife and I visited Zen with some friends from New Orleans! I had the salmon, my wife had the pan seared rainbow trout. Both were excellent! We eat salmon often, but this was the best ever! The service was excellent. The live music was enjoyable. Overall it was a very pleasant evening.

1  Thank John R
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My wife & I drove over to Orange Beach, AL which is not far from our home in Pensacola to eat dinner at somewhere we had not tried before. We saw Zen & decided to check it out. We are so glad we did! Meredith was our waitress and she was great, she made some recommendations and they were spot on.

We loved the crawfish & chorizo wantons with the sweet chili sauce. I had the ribeye stuffed with goat cheese & spinach special....loved it! My wife had the grilled salmon which she really enjoyed as well.

I'm not much of a dessert person normally, but next time we go (we're already planning to go for my birthday in a few weeks with friends) I'm getting my own slice of the marbled cheesecake. My wife made me try a bite of her's, wonderful!

Really great experience!

1  Thank Pcola56
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I had the best experience in dining and service ever at Zen in orange beach FL. The manager Mike was very pleasant and attentive. I have been to Zen's three times in the past couple of months and each time has been an enjoyable evening. Casual or dressing up you will have a fine dining experience. The staff are top of the line and professional. They make you feel right at home. I will be looking forward to every visit and plan to go often. It's a place I will recommend to all my friends and family. The food is unbelievable!!!!!!

1  Thank judyh838
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Zen was one of our favorite restaurants, but they are obviously undergoing some cost-cutting efforts. The surf 'n turf sushi roll does not contain any beef (filet). It now contains strong smelling duck. When we questioned our waiter, he said we would have to buy a filet for $30 in order for them to shave off a little and make the roll the way it use to be. We should have left then, but we ordered the stir fry. I ordered shrimp and my husband ordered chicken. In my large dish of broccoli, carrots and mushrooms, there were exactly THREE medium shrimp. My husband could not find any chicken at all in his dish. We complained. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly, but we could tell that all is not right at this restaurant. Maybe a new manager? We talked to our friends who went the week before we did and they said they were sorry they didn't warn us. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK. Cost-cutting may help keep the doors open in the short-term, but over time they will lose their customer base. (Please remember this was our favorite restaurant.)

1  Thank Tatee59