“Not that great.”
Review of EAT! Orange Beach - CLOSED

EAT! Orange Beach
Price range: US$13 - US$15
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: We are located on Canal Road across from the West entrance to the Wharf
Silverhill, Alabama, United States
“Not that great.”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Heard a lot of good things about this place, but was very disappointed. It was just an average buffet, but way over priced. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

• Visited June 2013

Gardendale, Alabama
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I first visited Eat! last year and the food and service were both fantastic. My husband and I went back in the Fall last year and we were still in awe. I was so looking forward to our visit this year, however I was SO disappointed. The restaurant has changed hands and the food and service was terrible. There are 3 people running this little restaurant, a server, a cook, and a dishwasher. The owner does not allow them to turn on the air conditioning, so it was very hot, the food was old, over cooked, and from cans. They raised the price and lowered the quality; I don't expect to see this place to be open very long.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Sadly Disappointed”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were really looking forward to lunch at Eat! Orange Beach as we had eaten there on other trips down to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach and were impressed with the food. But this time was a disappointment. We went on Wednesday, Italian day and arrived about 12:45. Lunch is served until 2:00 p.m. so we were there about mid lunch time. I tried the lasagna and it was so dry (there were only two pieces left in the pan) that the noodle layers (no boil noodles?) fell apart. I only had one bite and had to stop. I then tried the Alfredo. The sauce was thin and tasteless. It was like a bland cream sauce with no flavor. The asparagus and squash were good, as was the banana pudding. Most pans were pretty much empty and there was no sign of refills coming out. I don't know what would have been served if we arrived any later. I'm not so sure we will try Eat! in future trips.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank lkuepfert
Montgomery, Alabama
“disappointing”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

After reading the reviews I decided to take my wife and 2 yr old son to "EAT" for a dinner buffet. We prefer buffets as my son gets a little cranky if we stay at restaurant for more than 45 minutes.

Now this place is little difficult to find as its located on a smaller street in a not very well lit area. We went there for dinner buffet on a monday and they were not busy at all. We arrived around 8 pm and their were total of 2-3 people eating there. Dinner Buffet is kind of expensive $22 that includes salad, drinks and tax. Now its not like traditional buffet where you take food out your self instead they have a server handing you your plate and puts what ever you like on it. It was ok for us but if they are very busy than I am sure you have to wait for long to get food.

Now coming on to the food. It was one of the worst buffets i have been too. Overcooked fish, bland fried shrimps and the worst crab cake I have had in my life. The only thing that tasted good was their shrimp sauce. their deserts sucked too. This buffet was not worth $5 and they charge $22. I could have had a better meal at mcdonalds!!!!

will not recommend to any one !!!

North Carolina
“Accomodated my son's food allergies!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Today I want to take the time to write a lengthy and WELL DESERVED review of EAT! in Orange Beach, AL. First of all, they have gluten free options on their buffet (which is $10 per person). Second, I called ahead to make sure they had some options that were dairy free so I could bring my son who has some food allergies. The head chef told me on the phone, "Do not worry."
I arrived and informed the waitress that I had called ahead. She smiled, gave us drinks and went to get the chef. Five minutes later he brought Max out a HUGE plate with a grilled steak, a beautiful medley of fresh steamed veggies lightly salted, and hand cut slices of potatoes.
I was overwhelmed. I almost cried. I thanked him profusely, to which he replied he was not only happy to do it, but that they were one of the very few establishments in town that try very hard to accommodate those who have certain food allergies. In my opinion, he went over and beyond the call. The plate was gorgeous, and food was excellent! Max was WAS SO PROUD of his big boy plate.
I wanted to share this experience with you because I know many people struggle with where to go to eat because of food allergies. Look no further. GO TO EAT!! in Orange Beach. Call ahead to find out what they are serving on the buffet and let them know you are coming. Every day is a different menu. ENJOY!

3 Thank ryananderson