“Great Place to stay”

Phoenix Condominiums
Reviewed 8 October 2008

We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo at the Pheonix 4. The condo was very clean, had a large size balcony, and all the facilities needed to help you feel as if you were at home. The pool area was also very nice. The indoor swimming pool was quite small though for the size of the complex. There was quite a walk on the deck to the beach, and my grandparents had complained of the long walk, so I wouldn't recommend the location for disabled/older people. Other than that, I would highly recommend this complex.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 August 2008

We stayed at Pheonix East in unit 1501, which is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath unit....We had never been to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach and didn't take the 1 hour time diff between home and there into consideration and arrived two hours early. The staff was great, they did all the paperwork and told us we could use the pools or whatever until the 3pm check in time. We looked around and went down on the beach and shortly before 2 came into the check-in area and was told they were looking for us and gave us our keys. The condo was great! Very clean and nicely decorated, didn't care a whole lot for the floweredd furniture but still it was nice. The kitchen was great, stainless steel appliances and clean. This is a corner unit so the balcony went around to the side and very big. There was an outdoor pool (it was almost too cool to use this one), indoor pool & two hot tubes were nice, sauna, racketball, fitness center and tennis courts all were clean and in good repair. It wasn't crowded which I'm sure was due to the time of the year but we met some really nice people who are regulars. On this trip was myself, a friend, my 14 yr old daughter, and her two girls age 14 and 7. We were nervous about going since neither of our husbands could go but we felt safe and secure in the building and our unit. I would definitely recommend this unit! We are going to Myrtle Beach for fall break this year but look forward to another great time at Pheonix East.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank tinat2
Reviewed 13 August 2008

We booked our stay through VRBO.com (vacation rentals by owner) and got a great price on a beautiful 2 BR/2 Bath condo. The beach was beautiful and clean and the building was well maintained. My daughter had a great time playing on the beach as well as in the pool. I don't want to wait until next summer to go back so we are probably going back for spring break!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacy T
Reviewed 13 August 2008

We had several condos for a family reunion. All were nice, some very nicely appointed. Our only problem was that there were just too many people. The pool was crowded, the beach was crowded, and getting an elevator was very difficult at peak times. I do have to give them props for an abundance of luggage carts, a real problem at other complexes.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank CamelliaCity
Reviewed 12 August 2008

For a condo on the eleventh floor with a simply beautiful view, this condo was a horrible experience! The sofa was broken (almost impossible to get up from) and the only other chair in the living area was even worse. The oven didn't work but no one told us until we had burned our breakfast. The chairs on the balcony were of such cheap plastic that they literally folded up when one sat down. Just terrible! I consider this a real shame for a real estate company to offer it to guests at the same price as other beautifully decorated condos.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank Calvin8
Reviewed 12 August 2008

This place was like staying next to a frat house. College age people kept us awake until well past 2am every night.Security would not enforce "quiet time." Then on the beach during the day ,the college people were drunk , loud , and so inappropriate ,we had to leave the beach with our 3 & 5 yr old kids. We paid alot of money for this trip and were extremely disappointed in the way our complaints were handled.

2  Thank Tina077
Reviewed 26 July 2008

I enjoyed being inside the condo but, outside the condo was a different story. I was so devastated to see how racism still exist. My family and I was being stared at everytime we walked out of the building and into the pool area. When we first arrived, me and my two little girls (ages 3 & 6) were waiting on an elevator. While we were waiting 2 ladies were waiting as well, then an elevator arrived and one of the ladies stated that it was not enough space in the elevator for me, my daughters, and a push cart (buggy). I knew that there was enough space. So I remained positive and ignored it. Later we went to the outside pool, everybody stopped and starred. It was so quiet. I was so happy that my daughters did not realize any of this, they just wanted to swim and have fun. So the next day, we went out to the pool area again. This time the pool was crowded and once again, everybody was starring. So my husband and I remained cool and took the kids into the pool. By the time we got in the pool, everybody moved to the other side of the pool. I could not even believe it. I wanted to cry so bad because I had never experienced this, until now. We wanted to pack our things and leave immediately, but for the money that we paid we continued our stay. So we spent the rest of our time in gulf shores and foley. This was my first and last stay at the Phoenix East II.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family