“Nice”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Nice”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful building & condo but as others have said on here there is a problem with the elevators! I can't imagine what it must be like during busy season, this needs addressed badly! Not to happy with the way the service man came into our condo unannounced one morning to service the hot tub. He did not use the door bell or even knock just came right on in, he reminded me that there is a clause in the rental agreement that there would be service personnel to check on hot tub & other items. Yes there is but they need to call 1st or at least use the door bell how rude!!! We were there 3 days before I finally got to use the parking pass they gave me, someone in another unit was parking their car in it, security kept telling me they would take care of it but never did. I finally left a note on the car telling them they were parked in the wrong spot (there was a sticker on it with their parking spot #). Its pretty simple, your parking spot number is the same as your unit # and it is clearly marked on the parking space. They wrote back on my note saying they were owners not renters, I took this as I own a condo here therefore I can do whatever I want. They did move it after the note. There is a large spot on the beach next to the east tower pool that holds runoff water it's so nasty & slimy, this is one of your views from balcony as well if you are located on the east side of the east tower. We tried laying by the pool a couple of extremely windy days but water was spilling from the roof (or somewhere from the building) onto everyone below. We tried another pool & the same thing was happening, no one could ever tell us what it was or where it was coming from. The condo it self (1205C) was beautiful & had everything you need & more in it, I have no complaints there!!!!!!! I probably won't ever stay at Turquoise Place again, for the price there are just too many things I found disappointing.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
14 Thank hogfanfromarkansas
Spectrum_Resorts, General Manager at Turquoise Place, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
First, I would like to personally apologize for the issues and poor service you received during your recent stay. We strive to always provide excellent customer service, and it’s disappointing when we fall short of that goal.

During times of high occupancy there are sometimes longer than usual waits for the elevators. I’m sorry you experienced this during your stay. I will address the issue you had with our hot tub service team member entering your rental unit unannounced. That is not the proper protocol, and I will ensure that this issue is corrected. I will also follow up with our condominium owners to remind everyone to be courteous to all guests and owners staying at Turquoise Place and to be mindful of parking in the proper locations. As for the water dripping from the balcony, at times when it is windier than usual the wind can blow the water out of the hot tubs on the balconies if they are not covered and cause some of the water to drip down from the balconies. Our team does their best to monitor this and clean up the water before it begins to drip from the balconies.

Again, I apologize that your vacation experience did not meet the standard that our guests expect and that we strive to provide. I hope that you will consider returning to Turquoise Place in the future so that we can provide a vacation experience that meets our standards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 10 May 2014

From the décor, furnishing, appliances to thoughtful "starter supplies", this unit was first class, as was the whole complex. Fitness facility, indoor pool, and lazy river (heated) were really used due to a cold front that came through a couple of days that we were there. I would highly recommend the leasing agency also...Stay at Joes! We will return!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank HotMimi
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Turquoise Place has a lot to offer. The 3-bedroom place we stayed was fabulous; spacious, high-end appliances, gas grill and hot tub on a very large deck overlooking the beautiful water. The beach, pools, tennis courts and many other amenities was exactly what we were looking for to relax and enjoy spending time together.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank RisingSons
Baton rouge
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed in unit c2205 with my wife and 2 adolescent children on spring break for 4 nights. Easy check in and check out in the building if you rent via Spectrum Resorts as we did. There were staff who offered to help with luggage. The unit is very spacious. Kitchen is well equipped. Gas grill and private hot tub on the balcony. There is jacuzzi tub in master bathroom too but the water heater for the unit is not sufficient to fill it. The common areas are very nicely laid out and decorated. I was a bit disappointed in the gym. No attendant, no towels, and not a great selection of upper body resistance devices - but there are dumb bells. There are co ed steam room and sauna. There is no towel service by pools either.

I think most anyone looking to spend some time on orange beach would find this property appealing. A marina is close by ( under 3 miles) if you want to do some boating or fishing. I'm just nit picking a few things that keep me from giving it 5 stars overall.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Ray1962
tennessee
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The only complaint I have about the entire property is that the pool is not heated. I believe the lazy river may have been heated but considering the climate, it would be nice to have heated pool outside for those cool beach days.

Beautiful units with top of the line bedding, linens, appliances, amenities, etc. Private hot tub and gas grill on patio were my favorite amenities along with the wine cooler and ice machine at the wet bar. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool while adults enjoyed gulf view workout facility as well as the sauna and steam room.

Removed from the crowds of Gulf Shores. Publix right down street with several restaurants close by (but not walking distance). .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank tnboop
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

QUICK TIPS:
*check in is not until 4pm but the front desk (located in D tower--the one on the left facing the road) is only open until 6pm. Weird, but just call in advance if you will be after hours and they will leave your specified amount of keys (which are very cool wristbands) with security. You will have to go back the next day to sign all your paperwork and pay your remaining balance though.

*The outdoor lazy river is on the 4th floor of tower D (if you want your room close to that for the ease with kids)

*outdoor pools are not heated so your kids and their little cold-blooded selves will love it but you will hate it. In the summer this would feel amazing.

*if you are going anytime soon, they are doing a lot of construction on the lobby level of tower C. This made for some early morning banging and drilling around 7am since we were on the 4th floor. Ask for a higher floor anytime in the next month or so unless like a loud wakeup call. (we didn't mind it too much)

*walmart-mini is close by (about a mile away).

*TAKE YOUR OWN LIQUOR. I don't know where you live but I live in Atlanta and the liquor stores here are soooo much cheaper (bottle of Jack Daniels $49...in orange beach $75) Coronas in the can were $10.98 for a 12-pack at walmart which was good.

REVIEW:
My family travels to a different beach location every spring break. This was one of our favorite spots! Spring break on the Gulf is tricky...you still have to contend with the possibility of cooler temperatures and rain, of which we had both! BUT this was the PERFECT place to spend some rainy days. (We did get sunshine as well).
This place was gorgeous! All around, inside and out. We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo in tower C.

The EXCELLENT:
Location. The Beach. Quiet. No Crowd. Bree in Customer Service. The rooms. Indoor pools. Wet and Dry Saunas. The lobby. The view. Perfect walking distance to the pier to the right and also the rocks to the left. Shell searching.

*Our 6th floor room’s A/C wasn’t working and after a couple of days and trying to repair it we just had to move to a different room. I really hated it because our room had an owner and it was gorgeously appointed. Bree at the front desk was AMAZING. She had 4 people come up to our room with carts and move all of our stuff for us to a room on the 4th floor. They unpacked our fridge and pantry too (which was a ton of stuff for 9 people) and restocked our new one. They were so fast and wonderful. Our new room was obviously the same layout but not as nice as C-607. We were also compensated for the half day we spent sweating in our room because we were unable to leave due to a huge storm raging outside! Bree was WONDERFUL!

The GOOD:
The gym. Games. Giant checkers. Giant Chess. Cornhole. Outdoor pools seemed to need some cleaning. The water was clear but the surfaces inside the pool could use some extra scrubbing. Lots of seating and places to go by the pools. Covered and cushioned beach chairs available to rent on the beach for $25 a day. (Or $5 an hour)

The Not Great:
The indoor hottubs were salt water which is fine and eco-friendly and all, but they sure made us STINK! I feel like they needed more cleaning than they were getting. The kids didn’t mind but….eww.

*We felt like the place was being run by college kids, not because they were doing a bad job, but because literally every employee we saw seemed under the age of 22.
Also, staff seemed very sparse and not really sure of what was going on with the activities supposedly planned and scheduled each day. We had an activities list, but maybe due to the rainy days they canceled them? When we asked an associate (when we could find one,) they really weren’t sure what was happening. We aren’t high mainteneace so we just went about our day and created our own activities.

THINGS to Do outside the hotel: Parasailing, Ziplining, Alvin's Island for hair wraps and henna tattoos, Arcade, the Wharf for movies.

Food Tip:
*Go to Cosmos! Sit outside! Great atmosphere, good wine, good food. Great Service.

Bottom line: We would DEF stay at Turquoise place again, and if we had $1.2M lying around we would buy one of these condos. HA.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are same as indoor pool, workout rooms, wet and dry saunas and hot tubs. Very conven...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank EllicasMom
Redding, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The best vacation condo in Orange Beach, for a romantic getaway or a family vacation with the kids and grand children. We just loved it !!! The area also has a lot to offer, great restaurants
Like Fishers and Docksides.. The kids loved the dolphin trip on the bay, we had the dolphins riding
the wake for a good part of our 2 hour journey. The weather could have been better in March,
but the area made up for it with things to do and of course the breath taking views of the gulf
from our terrace.... The staff and maintenance were great and very attentive to our needs.
Over all it was just a great trip and we will be back in August....

Room Tip: They are all great, every unit faces the Gulf....
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family