“Find a better steak elsewhere”

Diamond Jim's and Mrs. Donna's Steakhouse
Ranked #35 of 135 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$33
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sparta, Tennessee
“Find a better steak elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We decided to eat at Diamond Jim's because I read many great reviews. The food is not worth the money. The steaks do not come in a small portion size for small appetites. I was able to share with my son for an $8 surcharge. We ordered their specialty side dish Twice baked potato casserole. It was over cooked. We all ordered our steaks medium and they came to to the table Well done. Go elsewhere for quality steaks.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank MermaidTeacher7

Union City, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Here's the Beef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

After seafood, pork, & chicken throughout the week, we wrapped up our coastal dining at Diamond Jims. While I can't say like many reviewers it's the best steak I ever ate it's definitely in the Top 5! Wife & I shared the King Cut Ribeye and paid the extra $8.00 for 2 extra sides. Excellent choice for the two of us. Other family members had filets that were great as well. Twice baked potato casserole is a must as a side. Plus get a piece of Ms. Donna's Caramel Pie even if you have to take it home. Yummy!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Vic D
“Could their steaks be better than mine? ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Took the family on TA and a friend's advice. I told my young kids they "had" to get steak since it was an 'A' steakhouse. They worked with us since I have 5. Man did we all moan and groan about how good they were. A big time favorite of theirs is my steaks. After it was all said and done I asked 'em if their steaks were better than mine and I couldn't believe it but they all hesitated then said no. BUT I heard the hesitation.

1 Thank Lisnn
Evansville, Indiana
“Outstanding Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped after passing by the night before and then reading about it here. It was about 8:20 on a Wednesday evening and we still had to wait about 15 minutes. I had the most tender ribeye I have ever had and that was a well-done one. The flavor of the steak was delicious with a hint of spiciness. My husband had the pick two combo and his grilled fish was moist, tender, and had a great flavor. The twice baked potato casserole came in its own little dish and was a mixture of flavors topped with melted cheese. I've never had anything like it. Much better than any baked potato. It is a little pricey but the food is well worth it. The crowded parking lot shows that this is a great place to eat that is off the main strip. We will definitely return!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank GableFan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing FOOD, GREAT people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I spent a week in Orange Beach, AL and ate at many places and this was my Favorite place to eat. First, they should have one of those planes that fly's over the beach telling everyone to go and eat at their restaurant!! Or this restaurant should be on one of those TV shows about good places to eat! Second, I don't eat seafood so I was glad they had other chooses like chicken and steak.

I got the steak and it was out of this world! The way it was seasoned was right on point and it was so tender. From what the other guest said they all like there food which was the seafood, but no matter what you get you have to get the side dish called twice baked potato casserole it’s by far the best thing I have ever ate! I wanted like a pound of it for the rode! I did not get to try the deserts because we were sooo blown away with the food and full we forgot to get cake for later but from what I heard they are all homemade so you can only imagine that they are as good as everything else!

During our time there we meet the owners (which work in the kitchen and that right there is a recipe for successes!) They were super friendly and really know what they are doing and run a wonderful business.

• Visited July 2014