“Fun day on the pontoon boat”
Review of Flora-Bama Marina

Flora-Bama Marina
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We have made this a regular event when we come to the beach. Always a great time and very easy to rent from Flora-Bama.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
in 3 reviews
"vacation"
"dolphins"

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Wouldn’t waste my time on this outfit. I called 2 days in a row to try and book a deep sea fishing trip and on the 3rd day still have not heard back. Evidently don’t need my business.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We took the early charter and there were about 30 people on board.The crew was very friendly and helpful and it was alot of fun. There were only 2 issues that bothered me. At the end of the trip a 15-20% tip was mentioned. I never like that practice anywhere really.
It was suggested that the best thing would be to devide the entire catch equally between all passengers at the end. You take a chance with this method but everyone gets fish if you do it this way. If you would,by chance, catch something large you could potentially get less then you caught. At the end of the trip the fish are cleaned and sold for $5 a bag but you never get access to the larger fillets. All in all it was a fun day with my daughter.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

When I booked this trip on the miss E I was assured that there would not be many people. The boat would hold 30 and was told there would not be anywhere near that. That was not true at all. 2 guys were late so the boat waited for them. Why hold up an entire group for 2 people? The deck hands couldn’t keep up and there were so many people that the lines were getting tangled. At one point I stopped using my pole so I could help someone else and the deck hands took my pole and gave it to someone else. Pretty hard to fish without a pole. On the way back in we were chased from one side of the boat to the other while the deck hands cleaned. And that would have been fine but there were not enough seats inside the boat. The fish was not filleted and ready by the time we reached the shore so we gave our tickets to someone else. We didn’t get the fish we caught and we didn’t get any pictures. $100 a person plus another $20 a person ‘suggested’ gratuity and another $5/bag of fish. Really disappointed because this wasn’t even close to anything we were expecting.

1  Thank 588gv