First of all, let me state that our family had a wonderful time here. We stayed in unit B1114. The condo was well kept and there was plenty of room for our family. The staff at the front desk were always nice and extremely helpful.
The night that we arrived home (Sunday, June 30) I realized that I had forgotten my streaming media player (to watch things like Netflix, Hulu, etc..). I called the following day (Monday, July 1) and spoke with John who located the device and said that I could get it shipped to me by the "local mom and pop mailing place". He stated that they come practically every day to pick up things people needed shipped back to them. I touched base with them on Tuesday and they stated also that they go there often for pickups, but the fee to pick up the box would be $6. She asked for my information and then my credit card information. I told her I didn't feel comfortable just giving her my credit card information; I would prefer to find out how much shipping would be first. Boy am I glad I did that!
She contacted me on Wednesday, July 3 to say they had my box and it was packaged up ready to go. She said the charge would be $32. This alarmed me for several reasons:
1. This was not an overnight delivery, it was via land by UPS.
2. The package was coming from Orange Beach to Baton Rouge. Roughly 4 hours away.
3. The streaming media player is roughly two roku boxes put together. Its not huge AT ALL. Nor is it heavy.
4. I ship things ALL OF THE TIME and have never paid that much for such a small package.
5. She couldn't give me an exact breakdown of the charges. She kept throwing around the word "fees" and I kept expressing that this is a huge charge for something so small. She finally said the shipping was actually $21 but the fees added on brought it to $32. Still...$21 is a lot for shipping.
She told me that they would hold it for 10 days so I could decide what I wanted to do.
I spoke with John again the following week on Wednesday, July 10. I told him we are staying at the resort again and would prefer to just pick it up at the lost and found when we go back. He had no problems with that and instructed me to call the mailing place back and ask them to drop it off when they come back to the resort for pickups. I did just that. I spoke with a man this time (at the shipping place) and he informed me that they've never had someone ask to bring the item back to the resort. I said I was willing to pay for pick up fee and the guy told me there are other fees involved including the $2 charge for the phone call (yes you read that right; they are charging me $2 for the call the woman made to me to tell me how much shipping was once they received the player). He also said I needed to pay a "storage fee" for them holding my player for roughly a week. When I protested he said that John (from Caribe) would have to come get the player (although they go to the Caribe "all of the time for pickups"). I left John at the Caribe a voicemail about the situation and I have never heard back. I have no clue where the streaming player is and no clue if it will be there for me to pick it up. I know that this horrible situation is not something that directly happened at Caribe, but it IS a preferred vendor by the resort. I urge everyone to check their condos multiple times before checking out so they don't have this negative experience with the Pack and Mail store!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribe Resort vacation rentals in Orange Beach, Alabama are truly unlike any other. Located on over 30 pristine acres of a peninsula, Caribe Resort features the most amenities of any lodging on the island. Among Caribe Resort's luxury accommodations you will find an incredible array of pool space, along with stunning vistas of beach front sunsets. Our comforts are designed with fun in mind: over 40,000 sq. feet of pools, lazy river, tennis courts, saunas and steam rooms, game room, private beach cart service, five star restaurant, and much more. If you are looking for a unique vacation idea, our condo rentals provide a ticket to the most relaxing, picturesque, amenities-packed resort Gulf Shores and Orange Beach have to offer. Serving as both a family friendly hotel and honeymoon spot, Caribe Resort will provide an unforgettable vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Caribe Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Resort Orange Beach
- Caribe Hotel Orange Beach