Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton
US$293
US$232
US$205
SleepInn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach(Orange Beach)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$249
US$239
BestWestern.com
US$254
SpringHill Suites Orange Beach at The Wharf(Orange Beach)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$208
SeaChase(Orange Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Palm Beach(Orange Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrooms facethe penthouseshrimp basketmini fridgegreat viewprivate balconyvery nice hotelnice poolbreakfast buffetocean viewcoffee makergulf of mexicogreat place to stayoff seasonflora bamaspring breakbeach
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My stay was not that bad but I left my Ipad in the room on the desk, when I realized it and called back to the hotel they never returned my call, after several attempts to contact them I finally talked with someone at the front desk that told me that NO ONE turned it in.
Really disappointed that they did not return my calls but most of all that they have employees that are dishonest. :-(

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently stayed here and I enjoyed it. The room was very spacious but was lacking a microwave or fridge. That was really the only downside to our stay. The hotel staff were very nice and helpful. I do wish the hotel was a little closer to the water like most of the condos but I did enjoy being in a hotel that was on the beach. I also wish they had an indoor pool and hot tub since it rained for our stay there. I would expect a lot more amentities for the price.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank def1116
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel was recommended by a family member that has visited several times. Hotel was slightly dated but well maintained. The hotel staff was very polite and eager to help! All rooms face the ocean and our view was beautiful! It was so nice to walk out of the hotel to the pool or down to the ocean. We asked about fridges in the room and were told they were working on it. Loved our experience and will return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Pikkinikki25
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I see all the recent negative reviews and am wondering how there could be such a disparity. We are (still) in an executive suite at the end and it is big and lovely. The bed is very comfortable, the view divine. There is a sink area inside the shower room and another sink area outside the shower room. We are watching the Masters on a 42" TV. The bed is topped by a big soft white comforter (not one of those "partial coverlets" so many hotels have). The front desk was very helpful checking in. The chaise lounges at the beach have shades to pull up if you want them and umbrellas to use if that's not enough shade. The pool area is beautiful with lots of lounges to sit in. Had lunch today at their cafe which had the basics - not gourmet food but not bad food either (sandwiches, hamburgers, etc). Room was serviced nicely with lots of towels, shampoos, soaps, etc. From my vantage point, this is a lovely hotel at a reasonable rate (we paid $185/night for the executive suite room compared to others at $200+ for this holiday weekend). We are having a lovely Easter weekend, largely due to the comfort of this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: While the bedding is nice, we found the pillows a bit too "big". Might want to bring your own. Executive suite is VERY nice with a view from two angles/two windows. One facing west, another south.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NolaGal_2
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My wife and I booked a "penthouse" room for a getaway. They had one available and we took it. The room is 1004. It is right next to the 3 elevators that you can hear all night. We stayed four nights due to sping breakers booking most rooms. Purchased a fan to try and sleep. Also, we had our car keyed...management was not sympathetic...general manager came out in my opinion to make sure it wasn't her car. We had parked next to her.
As we are checking out, there is a guest with a nine year old (?) son screaming at the front desk staff "this is the worse hotel ever". He then had an altercation with the security guard which appeared to be the problem from the start. Lastly, they want all your car info when you check in. They should worry about the scores of people that I know were not guest ,parking and walking through the hotel lobby to the beach. I brought this up as I was checking out and once again the staff stated "we are doing the best we can on this issue"..well, there you have it.

Room Tip: do not stay in the penthouse rooms by the elevators..doors stay open.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple