“Great location/view”

Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Spent 10 days in a suite, and very much enjoyed it! Yes the hotel is a bit dated, but they do keep it clean and the staff is very friendly. All rooms face the water and have balconies. The suites have two balconies. No stove or toaster, but certainly not a problem when you are surrounded by really great restaurants like Grazies, Shaggy's and LuLu's. Give this place a try, we are glad we did!

2  Thank Seldomrest

Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I just returned from a relaxing week at this hotel. We had stayed here a couple of times in the past (the first time being a few weeks after the grand opening), and we have always enjoyed the friendly service and great atmosphere. Our standard king room was quite large and was well furnished. We especially enjoyed the beautiful view of the Gulf along with easy access to the quiet beach. We spent a lot of time around the lovely pool which offers a view of the beach as well. The hotel is located conveniently close to restaurants and shopping without being in the midst of the heavy tourist crowds in the Gulf Shores area. We hope to return again soon!

4  Thank MusicCityMimi
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I just got back from a week at this hotel. I was a return customer and it met all of my expectations once again. The hotel is older than most but the service is outstanding. Unfortunately the spring breakers (mostly underage kids) give this place a bad rap as the hotel employees have had to bear the wrath of these kids in the spring.

Stay there in the off season and you will enjoy it!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank BirminghamGolfer
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My stay was not that bad but I left my Ipad in the room on the desk, when I realized it and called back to the hotel they never returned my call, after several attempts to contact them I finally talked with someone at the front desk that told me that NO ONE turned it in.
Really disappointed that they did not return my calls but most of all that they have employees that are dishonest. :-(

4  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently stayed here and I enjoyed it. The room was very spacious but was lacking a microwave or fridge. That was really the only downside to our stay. The hotel staff were very nice and helpful. I do wish the hotel was a little closer to the water like most of the condos but I did enjoy being in a hotel that was on the beach. I also wish they had an indoor pool and hot tub since it rained for our stay there. I would expect a lot more amentities for the price.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank def1116
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel was recommended by a family member that has visited several times. Hotel was slightly dated but well maintained. The hotel staff was very polite and eager to help! All rooms face the ocean and our view was beautiful! It was so nice to walk out of the hotel to the pool or down to the ocean. We asked about fridges in the room and were told they were working on it. Loved our experience and will return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Pikkinikki25
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I see all the recent negative reviews and am wondering how there could be such a disparity. We are (still) in an executive suite at the end and it is big and lovely. The bed is very comfortable, the view divine. There is a sink area inside the shower room and another sink area outside the shower room. We are watching the Masters on a 42" TV. The bed is topped by a big soft white comforter (not one of those "partial coverlets" so many hotels have). The front desk was very helpful checking in. The chaise lounges at the beach have shades to pull up if you want them and umbrellas to use if that's not enough shade. The pool area is beautiful with lots of lounges to sit in. Had lunch today at their cafe which had the basics - not gourmet food but not bad food either (sandwiches, hamburgers, etc). Room was serviced nicely with lots of towels, shampoos, soaps, etc. From my vantage point, this is a lovely hotel at a reasonable rate (we paid $185/night for the executive suite room compared to others at $200+ for this holiday weekend). We are having a lovely Easter weekend, largely due to the comfort of this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: While the bedding is nice, we found the pillows a bit too "big". Might want to bring your...