Location drives the pricing to what seems like astronomical levels, yet when compared to the amenities offered by other hotels in this resort community, the Island House Hotel comes out on top by a wide margin.
We stayed in a penthouse suite for 2 nights. The room was fabulous, including premium quality furniture that looked brand new. The design and layout of the rooms exuded the wealth and opulence expected from a suite costing over $300 a night.
The property is not new, it was built in 1992 and has been extremely well maintained. In many ways, the era it was opened in seems like such a distant memory. That said, the Island House Hotel has the look and feel of the early 1990s that immediately reminds the visitor of how much better 1992 was than today. The large conventional door key instead of an electronic card to enter the room is a perfect example. As soon as it lands in your hand, you intuitively know it will open the door of the room without a return to the front desk to have it "re-programmed". Everything else about the hotel has the same rock solid constitution about it.
Overall, there are just too many good things to say about this hotel in a short review. Many of the other guests we met while at the hotel are return visitors. No mystery why, the people running this property really know what they are doing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton is well-known for providing an atmosphere that is both distinctive and uncommon; your family vacation, a relaxing getaway, your special event, reunion, or corporate event will feel exceptional. Every room in our hotel is Gulf Front and offers views of our beautiful emerald waters and our famous sugar-white sands. Each of our beachfront rooms provides personal balconies and newly-renovated amenities that will make your stay feel perfect. The Hotel is nestled directly on 336 feet of beachfront. Cushioned loungers with umbrellas are offered in front of the property, and a boardwalk from the pool takes you a few feet from the water. Located near Alabama Point and Perdido Pass, Island House rests at the main bay where the Intracoastal Waterway meets the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf’s largest charter boat fishing fleet, many sailboats, yachts and recreational watercraft set sail right before our eyes each day. Most importantly, our culture of customer service, attention to detail, location and amenities make a great combination for the perfect stay for work or play. Come see why Island House Hotel is a favorite beach spot in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach and is considered one of the jewels of the Gulf Coast ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Island House Hotel Orange Beach - a DoubleTree by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Island House Hotel Orange Beach
- Island Hotel Orange Beach
- The Island Hotel