“I'd definitely stay here again!”

Sleep Inn Gulf Front Resort
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

It's right on the beach and the price is affordable. My husband and I were very happy with our stay and would definitely stay here again. I also love that the hotel is within walking distance to several stores and restaurants. Very convenient :)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meredith M
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn Gulf Front Resort

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I am a Choice member who has stayed at many different choice hotels, so I can definitely compare apples to apples when rating a hotel. Let's get the obvious out of the way first. This is not a 5-star Resort, nor should you expect it to be when you book a Sleep Inn. With that said, from the time we walked in the door until now, the staff and the hotel have been impressive. I used points for this stay, but have been treated no differently than any paying guest. We were even given a room on the east side of the building so we have a view of the ocean from our balcony. Yes, the balconies on the side are small, but if you want a balcony to sit on then upgrade to an oceanfront room or don't complain! Not the largest room I've ever stayed in, but not the smallest either. There are four of us...myself, wife, 4 year old, and 15 month old who has slept in her pack n play. We have definitely made use of every inch of space them room has to offer, but still had space for the little one to play while we were in our room. Breakfast has been plentiful every morning and the breakfast attendant is on the spot when something gets low! It's a little tight where the food is laid out, but everyone has been polite and worked around each other until they found what they wanted. This is one of the cleanest beach hotels I've ever seen. The cleaning staff is non-stop and they all act like they enjoy their job. Everyone has been incredibly nice and helpful whenever we have had a need. Maintenance staff are constantly working to keep the facilities clean and operable! No trouble at all with the bathroom door. Maybe some just don't have a clue on how to open/close a pocket door! The beach is magnificent! More seashells than I have ever seen! There are chair rentals available on the beach for $25/day or we paid $65 for 3 days. You just pick out a set that doesn't have a name on them and have a seat. The attendant will find you. Be sure to have cash. Publix grocery right across the street. Since the room has a small refrigerator hidden in the cabinet we were able to do some light shopping and eat lunch at the hotel to save a little money. Overall, a great place to stay as long as you are not expecting more than what a Sleep Inn has to offer! Clean hotel, clean room, helpful and friendly staff, decent breakfast, easy beach access, etc.. Not sure what else I could have asked for!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 51bdeere
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for the second time. This time with my family. This is an awesome hotel with a really good breakfast. It's right on the beach! Front desk was courteous and even supplied my son with a toothbrush.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa D
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here in September for a weekend soccer tournament. The hotel staff was accomidating but definitely not what I would expect from a beach front property. If I were spending a week at the beach, I would rent a condo near by if space and comfort is a priority. Now lets end on positive note: The breakfast was decent and then beach front was very nice. Lots of sand between the building and water.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JMurphyTravels
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This was the cheapest rate at Orange Beach for a beach front room with a balcony. The room was $139 a night for a king bed. It was a good view on the 5th floor of the beach. The entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful with assisting the guests.
The bed was surprisingly comfortable. The furnishings were in good shape. There was a fridge that was not listed on the hotel website which was very helpful. The bathroom was pretty small with a sliding door that went into the wall and had no handle on it to be able to grab it with. The shower was nice though. It was roomy and had a really nice water control setup that let you set the temperature so all you had to do was turn in on and it was the same water temp as when you used it last.
The walk down to the water was only a couple of minutes. So carrying our beach gear was fairly easy. The pool set up was pretty nice and clean and had good handicapped facilities.
There were repairs in the room that were very shoddy and a curtain rod that had been poorly hung fell down anytime we tried to open the curtain. There were only 3 ice machines in the hotel and one of them was broken. The continental breakfast was not impressive. One side of the toaster was broken. The menu was the same every day. Little things like keeping the butter packets in the fridge instead of on the counter so they would have been soft for spreading, and the pastries were dry and stale.
Overall I got what I paid for in that area. As a solo trip I would have stayed there again but not with my wife along. I was not impressed with the maintenance up keep on the room.

Room Tip: In this area if you can get a room on a higher floor it will tend to be quieter if you like to have...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I spent one night at the Sleep Inn. I found the front desk staff to be personable and helpful. The beach was a disappointment due to an invasion of jellyfish, but the hotel was great. Wifi was strong.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Perfect beach location, great location in proximity to restaurants and other attractions. Breakfast is provided every morning, but please do not expect variety. The elevators are extremely slow, the beds are extremely uncomfortable. Overall staff is nice, not sure they are genuine but appear nice on the surface as they are receiving your credit card. If you mention any discontent, there will not be any attempts to make sure you are completely satisfied with your stay. They will address the issue and then say "Oh we'll". Ok for a 1 day stay, but would not recommend for more than that. I stayed for 4 nights! Ugggghhhh! I'm leaving my vacation needing a massage as my body aches from the springs in my bed poking me for 4 nights. Oh and did I mention the bed makes a crackling noise when you get in it?!?!?

Room Tip: Choose a room on the Florida side for a good view of the gulf.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo