“Orange Beach”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Anniston, United States
“Orange Beach”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach was AWESOME!! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this hotel, the hot tub/pool area, and the beach was clean and quite! It was simply AWESOME!!!! WE COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER LOCATION, BETTER ROOM, OR BETTER EXPERIENCE IN ORANGE BEACH, ALABAMA.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Kelly M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had an awesome time with us and were able to enjoy all that we have to offer. Our goal is to make your stay remarkable and I am glad that we were able to do so for you.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon. Until then we wish you safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Hotel was very nice and staff was nice. The rooms were kind of dark with few lights and didn't seem the cleanest. Pool and hot tub were the best part and the breakfast. The breakfast staff though wasn't always the fastest and seemed confused at times.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Jason K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and the cleanliness of your room is a top priority. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.

If you are in the Gulf Shores or Orange Beach area in the future we do hope that you would give us another opportunity. Thanks again for your review and we wish you safe travels.
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed Memorial weekend with the family to attend a concert. I stayed on Hilton Honors points so I felt like I did OK. Had I been a guest paying beachfront room rates of $300 a night, I would have been very disappointed. The location is great, right on the beach and convenient to the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful but they can only do so much. It was a very busy weekend so I tried to take everything in stride and not expect too much. The property is a bit difficult to gauge. Some areas like the lobby look great, well maintained and rather new while some areas like the pool area and the carpet in the rooms looks older and dated. One big issue: they ran out of towels Saturday. The maid made up the room and didn't leave bath towels. The laundry was on our floor and I thought she just forgot so I went to get some. The staff told me none were available, they were drying some in the dryer. What?? We had to wait 20 minutes to get fresh towels and my famy was waiting to get a shower. This was in the middle of the day. And while I was speaking to the staff, I heard several other rooms requesting towels over the walkie talkie. Not only were bath towels not available, but the towels they supplied for the beach and pool were available in small quantities Friday afternoon and when they were gone, I never saw them again for the next two days. The room was OK, clean except for the carpet which seemed worn and dirty. I can't decide if that is due to just high traffic or poor housekeeping or a little of both. Then there was the business end of a screw sticking out of the wall near the towel rack in the bathroom ready to rip your hand open if your weren't careful and observant. And it wasn't just the tip either, a good half inch was out of the wall. I would have a hard time recommending this property if I were paying rack rates for this property. There are plenty of condos in the area for rent that wouldn't charge as much for a better room. Sorry Hilton, I am a loyal customer, but this property just doesn't measure up.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Phil4Bama
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Phil4Bama,

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that there were some issues that you were not completely satisfied with during your stay. I want to thank you for bringing them up in your review as your feedback is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.

Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!
Alexander City, Alabama
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Everything about this place was great, location, room, view, the staff. Everybody there was great. Our server at breakfast and lunch, Austin, really made our stay. He had the best attitude and made sure that everything was perfect. We have stayed at condos and hotels before in this area and this was by far the best place yet. Every stay from this point forward will be here without question. Didn't really expect the staff to be this attentive to our needs but I would compare it to being on a cruise, they want to make sure that you are enjoying yourself and they want to see you smiling. I can't speak for everyone but as for as my family goes, this is the place to be in Orange Beach. Oh, and the breakfast is outstanding.

Room Tip: Get ocean front, it's a little more money but it's worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RichieB446
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Richie B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel and I am pleased to hear that you had a great experience with us. Austin is a great member of our team and I will pass your compliments along to him and the rest of our staff as well.

Thank you for choosing us for your Orange Beach vacation and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again for your review and we wish you safe travels until we meet again.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I cannot say enough great things about our stay here. From the time we checked in to checking out, (total of three days) every single staff member was cheerful and pleasant. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic! The rooms were nice and clean, and the AC was super cold. (which I enjoy). Jackie and Ashley at the front desk were extremely polite and helpful. The large black lady cooking breakfast omelets, was outstanding!!! An older hotel but newly remodeled, reminding me of Miami!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Sirdwilly,

Thanks so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a fantastic time and I will pass your compliments along to Ashley, Jackie, and the rest of our staff. Our goal is to make your stay remarkable and I am glad to hear that we were able to do so for your vacation.

Thanks again for taking the time to review your recent experience with us and we hope to see you again soon. Until then we wish you safe travels.
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the Orange Beach, AL Hilton Garden Inn directly on the beach. The location is wonderful, the services were thorough and all the staff members were friendly and helpful. Excellent and spacious beachfront room. Recommend highly!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Nina W
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Nina W,

Thank you for your compliments about your recent stay with us! I will be sure to pass your review along to the rest of our staff. With our brand new lobby almost complete we are excited to welcome our guests to our new atmosphere and I am happy to hear that you had such a great time.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel the next time you are in the area. We wish you safe travels until we meet again.
colbert, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2013

everything was excellent from top to bottom. enjoyed our stay there. would recommend this hotel as the one to stay at for all occasions. they also have a handicapped pool area, most impressive. fantastic staff, especially Sabrina, who was our front desk clerk.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Cindy D,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to Orange Beach. I am pleased to hear that you had a good time with us and I will be sure to pass your compliments along to Sabrina and the rest of our staff.

Thanks for your review and we hope to see you again the next time that you are in the area.