“Wonderful refuge during the storm!”

Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful refuge during the storm!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We booked my birthday weekend here because my husband had meetings nearby. The room is spacious and very clean, and the staff is amazing! I am staying an extra night because of an ice storm, and they have gone above and beyond to make us comfortable. Normally, they only serve breakfast, but the staff decided to serve lunch and dinner so no one would have to go out. They worked really hard to serve us good food and make the atmosphere really nice.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Lisa I,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that you had a wonderful birthday trip with us! Our guests safety is also important and we did not want anyone having to go out if it wasn't necessary, so I am happy to hear that it was a success and you had a great time. We hope to welcome you in the future, possibly when it gets a little warmer! Thank you for choosing to spend your birthday trip with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Huxley, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The hospitality of the staff in this hotel was fantastic. Everyone spoke to us whenever we met them in the halls or on the elevator. We had an issue with the key reader and it was addressed immediately. There was always coffee and tea available in the lobby and cookies and bars after 5 at night.

Janet F,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel and your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our staff showed you our southern hospitality and I will share your compliments with them. I apologize about the issue with your key reader but glad to hear that our staff was able to resolve the issue quickly for you. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel when it gets a little bit warmer. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we wish you safe travels until we meet again.
Nashville, United States
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn location in Orange Beach, Alabama is a great place to stay when you're blessed with a three-day weekend and cursed with a shortage of sand and surf during the working week. The location is good, just a few minutes drive in either direction gets you to the bridge or the pier if fishing is your interest. If you need some exercise (biking, running or walking), you're in the best place in the area because you're across the street from the Back Country Trail. The hotel is a really good choice for those who like soft mattresses and pillows, and I would recommend turning off the AC completely. You don't need it in January, and I can only hope that the summer nights are such that you can rely on fresh air to keep the room comfortable overnight. Either way, the room is much quieter than the frequent start-up of the AC unit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Scott B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay and were able to enjoy our area. I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our staff. Thank you for pointing out our location, we are in the perfect spot to get to everything fairly quickly and easily! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us during your three-day weekend and we hope to welcome you back with the weather is a bit warmer. Until then, we wish you safe travels.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We had a beach front room and the view was simply outstanding-
Room was great- breakfast was awesome- walks on the beach were nice even with the chill in the air-the staff throughout the complex was very accommodating- really enjoyed our stay

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kwajkid007
Kwajkid007,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate you sharing your compliments and I will pass them along to the rest of our staff as well. Our breakfast is one of the best around and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well. We hope to welcome you back when it gets a little warmer so that you can enjoy the beach a little more as well. Until then, we wish you safe travels.
Dundee, Michigan
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I loved the view from our window and my walk on the beach. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. The young lady at the desk was very nice. Looks like a little bit of construction going on down stairs, but we it wasn't a bother at all.

Room Tip: you can see the ocean from the pool view.
2 Thank Shelley H
Shelley H,

Thank you for your candid review about your recent experience with us! I am happy to hear that you had a great time and were able to enjoy the beach views and take a walk on the beach. We do have some construction on one of our floors but that will be completed within a few weeks. I am happy to hear that you were not inconvenienced in any way as we try to keep the noise down to a minimal level. We hope to welcome you back the next time that you are in the area and we wish you safe travels!
Spanish Fort, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Very friendly staff. Great experience all around. The room smelled fantastic and everything was very clean. A nice view of the beach and a very quiet sleep experience made this hotel rate a 10 for me. I would highly recommend it.

Stacy T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us! I am happy to hear that you had a great time with us and I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our staff as well. The beach views are stunning and I am glad that you enjoyed them while you were here. We hope to welcome you back the next time that you are in the area! Safe travels.
houston, United States
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect from a Garden Inn but it was truly lovely...weather was too cold for the beach but looks like it would be perfect in the summer! We were driving to Disney World from Houston and weren't expecting the cold front but lobby was warm and inviting and smelled fantastic...front desk said it was evergreen. I rarely write reviews but this place was great...my husband was impressed that I was impressed because I'm very picky but I wouldn't change a thing. We stayed beachfront and wouldn't even know they were renovating except for the plans shown in the lobby! Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Tanya L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time with us! I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our staff. We have had an abnormal cold front come through, but we hope to welcome you back when it gets a little warmer so you will be able to enjoy the beach more. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and sharing your review. Safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange Beach
Best Western Premier, The Tides Hotel
Sleep Inn Gulf Front Resort
Sleep Inn Gulf Front Resort
#10 of 20 in Orange Beach

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach? Share your experiences!