“Pleasant Surprise, Family Friendly.”

Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Orange Beach
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Pleasant Surprise, Family Friendly.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The staff were very nice and Raven at the front desk remembered our family. She was helpful with suggestions and patient with my son. Other staff were helpful with our needs and questions. I did have issues with our beds. They appear to be on the old side for a Hilton Property. I was grateful to get back home for that reason. We enjoyed the breakfast but confused on the pricing.
Once they charged the kids adult pricing and the next bill was for two child's breakfast. Then I read in another review Kid's eat free. So what's the real price? The beach was great and the area is still fairly close to busier areas. The noise level was not bad for a family friendly hotel.
Enjoyable, but please get new beds!

Room Tip: We were on the wing that is on the left side. It seemed quieter then the other wing. Pool noise wit...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
nmcqueen75,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a great time and were pleasantly surprised. We will look into the bed situation that you mentioned and try to find a solution that fits the needs of our guests. I will pass your compliments along to Raven and the rest of our team.
With regards to breakfast, kids under 12 eat free, and all others (13 and older) are $9.95. If there were charges on your room and your kids are eligible for the free breakfast please feel free to call the hotel and we will take care of it for you.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in the area! Have fun today!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Atmore
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I was on the left side of the hotel and my balcony view was of another condo like 20 ft away. The 5th floor had dryer sheets taped to the walls every few feet to mask a terrible odor. Our a/c unit was exceptionally noisy. The bed was the hardest I think I've ever slept on. Also, the pool bar's patrons wandering around beyond inebriated do not contribute to a "family" environment. The best part is the beach access, which you have to navigate through drunks hovering around the pool bar to get to/from.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hgsize
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hgsize,

I apologize that your stay with us was less than excellent. Thank you for bringing the issues that you encountered to our attention. We will be communicating each item you mentioned to all of our department managers to ensure a fun, family friendly experience for each of our guests. We hope that on your next trip to the Orange Beach or Gulf Shores area that you would consider giving us another chance. Thank you again for your review and we wish you safe travels.
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I always come here for quick beach getaways. Rooms are spacious and property is well maintained. I can say the staff was extremely nice when I failed to look at the weather report with hurricane conditions that sneaked in. Will come back

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank marcie b
Marcie B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us! Quick beach getaways are the best, and thank you for choosing to spend your time away with us. Thank you for your compliments, I will be sure to pass them along to the rest of our team. Please keep us in mind the next time you are planning your beach getaway and we would love to welcome you back. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Maylene, Alabama
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Last year I didn`t have a good experience at all and even though I had been going here for some years was ready to move on to another hotel ..I made a spur of the moment desision to go to orange beach earlier than expected..the hotel I was going to go to did not have the room I wanted available for the dates I wanted so I told hubbie try the Hilton I'll give em another chance..The changes I noticed : new, friendly employees at the breakfast cafe, the plastic divider that divided the inside and outside pool gone(very good), new tile in your room, new fancy coffee machine(which son had to try)..I noticed all the improvements:) There was one little snag that was promptly seen too..Someone had turned off the heat in the pool..The day we arrived it was very comfortable, pleasant the next day cold..We noticed the difference..and many others also noticed it was cold..We asked a employee to check this and someone had indeed turned it off..It took about 2 hours to warm up after that U should have seen the peeps playing in the pool ..Note to the people in charge U state U have heated pools keep em that way..People do notice and do prefer the pools heated..They need to have the water a comfortable temperature especially when they can`t get in the water like I couldn`t for 2 days because of the riptides..Other than this though it was a very different experience more in line with what it was when we first started coming here ..this was our 3rd year..We did leave early we were going to stay 7 days but because of the riptides, and bad weather I decided to leave and maybe come back later..Aside from the snag with the pool everything went great..Love the changes:) I do want to mention though the carpet in our room really needed to be cleaned because I had new socks on and they turned black..not good ..Still I am happy by my experience here this time.

Room Tip: I have had both a beachfront room (nice) pool view room and I have liked both..With a poolview U can...
2 Thank StaciBraun
StaciBraun,

Thank you for giving our hotel another chance this year! I am happy to hear that your experience with us this year was much different than last year. We have made some drastic changes in our hotel since last summer and I am glad that they are being noticed! We will be paying closer attention to our pool area and the pumps being turned on properly, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you again for giving us another chance and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next time to our area! We wish you safe travels.
Mustang, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

All and all nice hotel. Pool and staff were wonderful. The outlets manager working the bar at the pool was the best. The only reason it's not a 5 is because the beds are old and it felt very much like sleeping on the floor. Kids eat free and that is cool but with hilton products a Hampton would be better. Cloud beds and free breakfast for all.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank QuailSpringsFFS_GM
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
QuailSpringsFFS_GM,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us! I am happy to hear that you had a great time during your trip. I will pass your compliments along to William, our bar manager, and the rest of our team. Thank you for your feedback with regards to our beds, we will be looking into that soon and see what we can do. Please keep us in mind when you are planning your next beach vacation and we would love to welcome you and your family back to stay with us. Thank you again and we wish you safe travels.
New Orleans, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is definitely a family hotel, lots of kids around, games outside for the kids, kids in the hot tub, etc. Breakfast is a full hot breakfast, but there is a bit of a wait. Breakfast service is rushed and a little stressful. Overall, if you're traveling with your kids, this is a good spot.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank NOLA6s
Kyle J. S.,

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that you had a great time and were able to enjoy some of our amenities that we have to offer. Our breakfast is a guest favorite and there are times that there can be a wait. The busiest time for breakfast is between 9am and 10am. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the rest of our team. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us!
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We were here for a few days and enjoyed our stay. We had a beach front room and enjoyed sitting on the balcony. The staff is very friendly and eager to help. As always, Hilton Properties are consistently good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hal H
Stephanie M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Orange Beach, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hal H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your beach vacation and for sharing your experience. I will pass your compliments along to the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in the area. Thank you again and we wish you safe travels.