“Favorite hotel on the beach”

Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Orange Beach
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We first came because of a free points stay and have been going back for 8 years! This weekend was no exception! The staff is outstanding, the rooms always clean and no matter where you stay the view is breath-taking!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank tjinAlabama
christina g, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hi tjinAlabama,

You cant' get any better than being the favorite hotel on the beach. That is so amazing to hear and that you have been coming back for 8 years. We are so happy and excited that you shared such an amazing feedback with us. Our staff will be very happy to hear of another great year that you had with us. We can't wait to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were very happy with our stay at this hotel. Very clean and friendly staff. The breakfast was great with a lot of variety. The pool was nice and great beach access. The beds were comfortable and so were the pillows. I would definitely request an upper level room to get a better view, although we were more towards the street and it was nice and quiet. The only small complaint was the elevators were slow, but we didn't mind taking the stairs. Very happy with our stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for upper level room gulf facing if willing to pay a bit more.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sweetipies

Hi sweetipies,

Great stay is what we love to hear from our guests about their stay with us. Thank you so much for letting us know how your stay was and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We just finished a great stay at this hotel. We were greeted promptly and given all the info we needed for our stay. The room was spotless and comfortable. EVERY employee we encountered on our 5 day stay, greeted us and ask us if everything waslndt OK. The breakfast bar was well stocked and a great selection. One word of warning though, it was very crowded and the tables fill up fast. You may want to take it back to your room to eat. The only problem we had was with the WIFI. I had planned to stream some Netflix movies at night but there was no way with the weak WIFI. I couldnt even get it on the phone at the pool.Other than that I would recommend it highly

Room Tip: All the rooms that end in 16 or 17 are next to the ice machine and soft drink machine which are very...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Redsfan_7

Hi Redsfan_7,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how great the service was during your stay with us. I will make sure to celebrate with the staff what an awesome job they did. I am sorry to hear that you that you encountered issues with the wifi. Please be assured that we are working very hard on a solution to the internet issue. Again thank you so much for letting us know how your stay was with us and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I really thought this would be a great place to stay after doing some on-line checking. Boy, were we disappointed. First off, I will say the staff was very friendly and courteous. The breakfast area was well-maintained and food was good. Now for the bad. There was a shortage of baggage carts so we had to carry most of our belongings in and out. Both of our rooms were skipped over one morning. Certain items were not replenished in my particular room. One evening, we arrived back at the hotel after 11:00pm and not a parking spot available. We ended up parking near tow away zone. A sign advising where outflow parking is available would have been nice. Next morning, I was paged at 8am to have vehicle moved or it would be towed. Moved vehicle, had breakfast, went back to the room and neither door key worked. Also, the sixth floor hallway felt like the outside temp. HOT! I know heat rises but come on. And last but not least, the ice machine did not work properly on the 6th floor so had to go down the stairs to 5th for ice. Needless to say, we won't be staying at this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Cprime17

Hi Cprime17,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with candid feedback about your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to see that you were disappointed with your stay and that you encountered so many issues during your stay with us. Our staff takes great pride in ensuring all of our guests have a great memorable experience and I am sorry to see that yours was not the case. Please be assured that we are in the process of purchasing new and additional luggage carts for our guest to use. In the mean time I have asked all of our staff that if they see an used cart to please bring it immediately to the lobby for guest use. Also I have I instructed the front desk and the entire staff on where the over flow parking is if in case we ever come into a situation like yours again in the future. I have also met with our Chief Engineer on the Ac and Ice machine issues. I hope that in the future you will come back to see us so we can show you how we wow our guests and have improved on the issues you encountered.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Our room was so hot. It was almost unbearable! We had to go buy mini fans to stay cool in the room. The whole floor was extremely hot and the hallway was like a sauna. The nice thing was out view and the pool. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hi bpw1823,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us. I am so sorry to hear that your room was very hot along with the hallways. Please be assured that I addressed both issues with our Chief Engineer to make sure we correct these issues so another guest does not have the same experience. We take our guests feedback very serious and I am grateful you took the time to let us know how we can improve our service to our guests. We hope you will give us another opportunity int he future to serve you and your family. n

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family attended a wedding which took place on the beaches of Gulf Shores at the Holiday Inn Express. Several of my extended family stayed there and all were quite pleased. The hotel itself is modern and comfortable, the rooms are spacious and comfortable as well. Would certainly consider staying there on return trips to the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi Robin S,

I am so happy to see that you were pleasantly surprised and that your extended family stayed with us and was quite pleased as well. Thank you for letting us know how your stay was and We can't wait to see you again soon.

General manager

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had been here before and had hit a few snags. We came back after an invite by Manager Christina Gale. We were very impressed on this trip. Our room was impeccable and we enjoyed being there very much. Customer service was always very helpful. Our room was cleaned to our liking and the complimentary breakfast was kept hot and full. At the busiest times they were still able to keep up. If you haven't tried the cinnamon rolls, they are to die for! As I said, beach get away, so we spent a lot of time on the beach. Denton is the young man in charge of beach services. He makes sure your seats are clean and all trash is cleaned up. He watches the sun and moves your umbrella as the sun moves. Unless of course you want the sun on you. The pool is very interesting and landscaped very nicely. It does include a hot tub and a bar with tables and umbrellas. Family oriented and our style as I say. We are an older couple that enjoys having families around and we don't mind children that remind us of our grands. If you want a gulf view room be sure to ask for it. The hotel is directly on the beach. You only walk out the door around the pool and you are on the beach! Very conveniently located to all restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mcculy
christina g, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orange Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hi Mcculy,

Thank you so much for coming back to our hotel for your beach vacation get away. I am so happy to see that you had a great memorable stay with us. I know last year you had a few snags during your stay and I am so happy to see we were able to make up for that during this stay. I will make sure to celebrate with the staff a job well done and we hope you come back to see us again soon.