“Good food but so so experience”

Shipp's Harbour Grill
Ranked #9 of 142 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Shipp's Harbour Grill stands alone in a class of it's own serving Fresh Local Seafood and Certified Angus Beef. Shipp's offers beautiful outside seating on our upper deck with a birds-eye view of the harbor, a tiki bar, a covered outdoor porch, and an elegant but casual shabby chic beachside decor inside in our many dining areas. Shipp's is comfortable and casual with classy food. "Once you try Shipp's you'll be hooked"
Cumming, GA
“Good food but so so experience”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

The food was pretty good. We got some crab bisque and seafood gumbo to start. The bisque was good but a little rich. The others liked the gumbo, but we had to send it back to be warmed up since it came out cold. YouI had the coconut grouper. Taste was good, just a little too sweet. My wife had the grouper taco which was good but she didn't like the sides. My father-in-law had the swordfish which I had a bite of and it was very good. The bad part was it was very loud in the dining area and we could barely hear each other. Our table was stuck against a wall and it was not made for six people and we were bumping elbows all night.

2 Thank Keith S

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Buffet on Sunday is wonderful”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Always go to Sunday brunch on every visit. Great food value. Excellent menu selection and plenty of food so come hungry. All-in-one price includes appetizer, entree and dessert. Add a Bloody Mary bar or unlimited champagne if you dare. Pretty crowded so come early. Have not had a bad meal there. Cannot wait to return.

Trussville, Alabama
“Did Not Disappoint”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

It's very popular with the locals so that was the first clue that this place was going to be great. We tried the oysters combo for an appetizer and I don't even like oysters and they were amazing! All of our food was delicious! I got a pick two platter with fried crab claws and fried shrimp and it was so much food that I carried a good bit back to our condo. Our waiter was very attentive and I absolutely loved this restaurant. We will definitely be back.

Louisville, Colorado
“Lovely view but spotty service and a BIG disappointment with one meal”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This restaurant came highly recommended and we saved it for our 12th anniversary night out. The restaurant is lovely and we had a reservation so we were seated at a window table immediately. The waitress made it over, took drink orders, and then suggest an appetizer, crab dip, which we ordered. Drinks came, we chatted and chatted and chatted........and the appetizer finally was delivered. It was very good, although I am not sure it changed my life as we were promised.

Dinner was Steak Oscar for me, and filet with the added crab for my husband. Let me tell you that the crab addition was almost $8 so we were expecting something special. What he got was about 10 flakes of crab meat sprinkled over his overdone steak. We clarified with the waitress that the dusting of crab was the correct application and she said it was. And she suddenly disappeared. Her service which had been friendly and chatty before our questions became somewhat distant and hurried. NO effort was made to offer us anything or to make us more satisfied with his dinner.

Overall, the restaurant was nice.....but for $87, I do expect more. We will find another place to celebrate next year.

2 Thank Amanda H
SW MO
“Average meal”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We went to Shipp's on our last evening. We had already had a couple of great meals so expectations were high.

Good - I ordered the Red Neck Pate and citrus tuna roll as appetizers. They were both very good. In fact, they were the best thing I had. The other good thing is that they take reservations.

Average - Between our family - we ordered the sesame tuna, oyster salad, grouper Ponchatrain, and blackened swordfish (special). All were edible but nothing was special.

Bad - the restaurant felt crowded and it was very, very loud. We could not hear each other over the table. The couple sitting next to use complained about the same. Our waitress was friendly but clearly overworked. It took 15 minutes for her to get to the table. Our order was messed up - I didn't get my meal until the rest of the table was half-way through theirs.

1 Thank legallyred