“Lived up to the reputation!”

Cosmo's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Orange Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Off the beaten path on Canal Road in Orange Beach, Cosmo's Restaurant & Bar is far from ordinary. Serving fresh and eclectic food since day one, Cosmo's features a wide range of dining, enticing even the most discriminate. Using chef inspired ingredients, you can enjoy everything from hand-cut steaks and local seafood to pastas and sushi. This neighborhood favorite on the Gulf Coast has taken cuisine to the cutting edge. With variations of local staples, their versions will make you sit back and take notice. Culinary greats such as the chicken roulade wrapped in bacon, the sesame seared tuna salad and the traditional crab cakes done with a twist, will have you wanting more. And to top it all off, The Year of Alabama Food named their Banana Leaf Wrapped Fish as one of "the top 100 dishes to eat before you die." This epicurean delight is just one of the many masterpieces created daily in this out-of-the-way hot spot on Alabama's Gulf Coast. In addition to serving awesome and hand-crafted dishes, Cosmo's Restaurant & Bar specializes in catering and has many unique options to serve all your needs.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had our meal on a Saturday night and we had to wait 45 minutes to be seated. However, the wait was as pleasant as possible because we enjoyed the excellent bar on the deck next to the restaurant. The ambiance of the bar was enjoyable and the water mists kept the temps down. We ordered cocktails and the fried calamari to pass the time and it was very tasty. When we were seated we found the service to be exemplary and the atmosphere to be very pleasant. My wife ordered the crab cakes and I had the fresh catch. Both dished were excellent! We had read good reviews about Cosmo's and we weren't disappointed by our visit.

2  Thank Gary H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,322)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were interested in Cosmo’s after seeing that it was voted #1 on trip advisor. During lunch and dinner in the peak season it stays extremely busy; so much so that we missed out on it during last year’s vacation. This year we were there right when the doors opened and we were promptly seated and greeted with a smile. The inside of this restaurant was extremely nice and the menu had a good variety of selections in addition to the chalk board specials. The lunch prices were very reasonable and it ended up being one of the cheapest meals I ate my whole vacation (for a family of 4). I ate the fried seafood platter with fish and shrimp with fries and gingered greens while my husband had the Cuban. He enjoyed his Cuban but didn’t feel that there was anything special about it. I felt the same way about the seafood I ordered; it was really good but not the best but definitely in the top 5 best fried fish and shrimp I’ve had down there though. I do believe Cosmos is the complete package! Great Food, atmosphere and service, I can see why they are #1! We will be returning for value and taste of the food alone especially to try what they are famous for (the banana wrapped specialties).

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Be prepared to WAIT!!! Our wait was 2 hours and we weren't prepared for that. My mom ordered firecracker shrimp as her meal. We all over that and have decided we should have all ordered it. I had the shrimp po'boy. While it was tasty (maybe I was just hungry after waiting 2 hours), it was nothing special. Same with the Parmesan risotto. Our waiter was friendly. During our wait I saw several great looking dishes being served, but I couldn't identify them on the menu. We plan to visit again during our next visit to the Gulf. We now know to go during off-peak hours. I've also learned drinks and apps can be ordered from the bar to pass the time. We'll take advantage of that next time as well.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Cosmo's is one of the best spots to eat, drink and enjoy the local music. Be prepared for the wait on a weekend or holiday, but the outside area is a nice place to unwind before your meal. Waiter was great, food is terrific and drinks are outstanding. You will not be disappointed on your visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Good service. Some entrees are good some so-so. Deserts and drinks very good. For the price I was disappointed in the pork. The combo plate is a deal.