“BUGS in the bed!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“BUGS in the bed!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

The first room that I was assigned to was room 309. When I opened the door, there was dog food in the floor. When I looked at the beds, both were covered with dog hair. I went back to the front desk. The attendant Scott apologized and assigned me another room. A king, non smoking was not available, so I agreed for a double. When I opened the door to room 121, it smelled of smoke, but I thought a good spray of Febreeze would change that. I unloaded my stuff and headed over to a nearby Target to get my remaining supplies. Upon my return to the room, I could hear the smoke detector going off when I got out of my car. I called the front desk and Scott brought a new battery for the smoke detector. That did not work, it continued to alarm. He brought in a new detector, which would not fit the mount in the wall, so he just sat it on the shelf in the room. When I got ready for bed and pulled back the covers, I noticed little black dots all over the sheets. Upon closer inspection, the little black dots were moving. I grabbed a piece of tape and captured some of them. The bugs looked similar to fleas!! I packed my stuff up very quickly and loaded it in my car. I went to the front desk (or window outside) and had to wait about 15 minutes for a new attendant to check in another guest. When I explained what was going on, he said that he would be happy to get me another room!! (Are you kidding me?) I told him that I was checking out and wanted a full refund! He told me that he didn't know how to do a refund. I told him to call his manager. He said that the manager was at home asleep!! Finally, after about 45 minutes, he refunded my money. The refund still has not shown up on my credit card!!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mwebbwalton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

My boyfriend does long distance bike rides with his buddies, while I get to hang-out wherever they are until they are done. Last weekend they rode around through Cheaha Park and his buddy suggested we stay at the Jameson Inn in Oxford. It was great! The room was really clean, the employees at the offce and cleaning the rooms were just so friendly and it didn't cost a lot. They even had really good coffee right in our room, and a free breakfast bar. There were lots of stores and little shops close for me to have something to do. I hope we get to go back and spend the weekend there again, I had never stayed at a Jameson Inn, but I will look for them now!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I often visit family in Oxford, and as they're short on extra beds, I like to get a hotel room when I come. I've stayed at this hotel the last few times I've come to Oxford, and have been very pleased so far. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms have always been clean, and very comfortable. I have payed $100 or more for other hotels in Oxford, but have been just as happy at the Jameson Inn for a much lower cost. After a full day running around with my relatives, it's nice to have a comfortable place like this where I can unwind.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

This hotel was cheap and close to I-20 and the lobby was clean. The room, however was NOT clean. We were bombarded with the smell of bug spray when we opened the door. There were 2
tiny dead roaches in the bathroom and a live one on the sink. There were stray hairs all in the tub. The toilet was not clean. There was a huge spider web behind the door to the room. The bathroom door was covered in filth and the carpet and walls were nasty. I was afraid to look any further because it was so late and my kids were sleeping! I will NEVER stay in one of these hotels again. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here either!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank mlb1980

Travellers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Jackson, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

The evening manager was a very nice young man. The rooms seemed nice, and clean. The hotel is too close to the Interstate, but you can't change locations. With the fan on, it helps drown out the noise factor. When I attempted to call the office to find out what time breakfast stopped, my phone was SO filthy, and sticky, I could barely pull it apart to call. I took a shower, and thankfully, my Father's room had a blow dryer which worked - mine did not, because I couldn't have gone out in freezing weather with wet hair. The breakfast was a joke. The girl in the office couldn't have cared less there was no coffee, or about my phone being so filthy, or my blow dryer not working. She just said, "okay." We will be back through Anniston in July, but will stay at the Hampton Inn across the street. It's lovely, the workers are extremely kind, and the breakfast is wonderful, and fresh!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MSBAM
The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

Because we arrived on time in Oxford, we decided to have a look at all the hotels/motels in the surrounding area.

Beside the fact that the Jameson Inn had the best rates, the guy behind the counter was so extremely nice and helpful, that we decided to stay there. And they did not let us down.

The rooms are clean, the AC was doing a great job, the area was safe and silent. The pool and fitness-area are small and a bit hidden, but they were ok for the time we used them.

Would stay again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

nice clean room, nice pool with small fitness,but the breakfasts are better in other motels Jameson Inn where we were

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family