“Great place to stay....”
Review of Motel 6 Anniston

Motel 6 Anniston
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Riverdale, GA
“Great place to stay....”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Traveling with a dog can be a challenge, but not at this Motel 6! The staff went above and beyond to accommodate us. First floor room with laminate floors and a big grassy area right outside our door! Super clean room and comfy bed. The motel is undergoing renovations and you can tell the management is doing a great job to make this a top notch place to stay. Quiet stay and conveniently right off the interstate, we'll definitely recommend this location to our dog loving friends! Thanks again for the pleasant stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank deb0405

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Was very impressed with this motel! Customer service was above and beyond-Vishal Patel was extremely patient and professional throughout our stay. Room was immaculate. Motel is in the process of remodeling. Our room had a brand new mini-Fridge and microwave. We also received a call shortly after check-in to make sure all was ok. I thought this was a very nice touch- have stayed in high-end hotels that did not do this! Stay was quiet and pleasant. To be honest, I was apprehensive when we first pulled in as the local area seems a bit dicey..but my initial concern was unfounded. We felt perfectly safe. I cannot say enough about the customer service. Mr Patel had completely checked us in to what I'm sure was a wonderful room when I realized that our cars would not be right outside our room, which is what we needed. Mr. Patel never missed a beat and cheerfully switched our location immediately. These new owners seem proud of their motel-and with good reason. I think they will do well and highly recommend this motel. We are currently crossing the country and although we have stayed in pricier hotels since, we have yet to match the value for the dollar that was offered by this Motel 6 location.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank j2canoe
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I suppose if we weren't looking for the least expensive motel in the area, we would not have stayed here. And yet the staff was friendly, the room was clean ('tho the room had a definite odor - not sure what) and my dog and I had a good night's rest.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Very convenient for Talladega Speedway...approx 20 minutes drive. 2 mins off I20. Staff were great. Place is quite "retro" (a kind word for dated) but for the price on race weekend it was fine and did the job. Clean and tidy, comfy beds however quite an overpowering smell of "mothballs" (insecticide?) on entry to room. Oxford seemed to be a group of petrol stations, fast food joints and a Walmart behind. Convenient anyhow. It has a pool which looked fine however I didnt make use of it

Room Tip: Good for Talladega Speedway. Standard collection of fast food, petrol stations nearby. Staff very fr...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank G6rby
Newnan
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Hadn't stayed at this inn in a couple years because it had gotten bad. Thought I would give them another try. Mistake!. Filthy carpet. Bedding wore out. The room had a strong chemical odor. Bath room was clean but Towels smelled like cigarette smoke badly. Still charges $3 a day for internet. Just a little advise...Keep on looking.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I went for economy instead of Luxury" and was rewarded by getting both at the Anniston, Alabama Moyel 6. Very helpful check in as all smoking tooms were booked and we were allowd a Non Smoking room that would allow my wife to smoke with no penalty. The pool was very nice and just what I needed after driving in 90 degree temps. with a failed A/C blower motor. Price was very good, lodging was very good and breakfast was also comparable to some of the larger chains.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make reservations...........Very busy area,
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 June 2013

very clean, staff was very friendly; had been traveling all day and was very sleepy and on a tight budget, so was very pleased that I overcame my trepidations and stopped here... they even comped internet access for me

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo