“great stay, clean hotel, hospitable staff”

Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Enjoyed 3 nights here 4/30 - 5/3 at this hotel. Great location right off I-20 with restaurants within walking distance, and even more just across the bridge 3 min drive away. Shopping also nearby. Just under 1 hour from Birmingham airport.

Postivies -- clean property and room, great and hospitable staff including the man in charge of breakfast, location, fitness room. Called ahead to request room away from elevator and stairs and they took care of me. Breakfast was sufficient and presented nicely and felt like all was fresh and clean here. Nothing fabulous, but certainly does the job! cookies in the evenings were a nice treat to look forward too

Negatives -- more of pet peeves and these by no means should stop you from staying here...the soap holder in the shower is smack dab in the middle of teh shower (instead of a corner) I kept bumping my elbow. VERY LOUD door on the east stairwell on 2nd floor- it seems like it gets stuck and make a loud noise upon opening and closing.

I had room 223 which is just the last room that overlooks the lobby. I would prefer the 3rd floor next time. I could hear the front desk phone ringing multiple times. Also, not sure if the man in the room directly above was the size of an elephant, but you would have thought I'd been in a 1920's bed and breakfast with wood floors as much as the floor was creaking and groaning above me.
Other than fixing that door to the stairwell, my other pet peeves are outside of the hotel's control.

general comment -- wish hotels could figure out how to get room doors to close, but without slamming.

I got a great rate for this hampton and would stay again next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Request a "middle room" away from elevator and stairwells on 3rd floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write and share your experience here. I'm sorry you were disappointed with various aspects of your stay, and understand your frustrations. Please accept my sincere apologies. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Was there two nights and found it to be quiet, clean and conveniently located. Will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent visit, and for taking time to share your comments. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide, and hope you will let us serve you here again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We chose this hotel because of the Hampton Inn reputation. We made reservations
and when we got there, they welcomed us like family. They sent a sweet card from
the employees to our room congratulating us on our anniversary. When we arrived,
they told us they had upgraded our room. It was really nice and as always, clean
and comfortable. We will go there again. Thanks guys......

Room Tip: This is the place if you like friendly and welcoming service from nice people.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to share you happy occassion with us, and for your loyalty to the Hampton brand. We really appreciate the time you took to write and post your comments. We want every guest to be happy with their choice, and to be able to relax and enjoy themselves while they are here. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is a pretty good Hampton Inn and convenient to restaurants. The place has a very friendly staff and good breakfast. They also have manager happy hours that are a plus!!

You can't go wrong in this area with staying here!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your comments here. We are always happy with our guests find good value and service here. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Oxford.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We needed a quick nights rest traveling back home from Florida and stopped here to be close to our daughter who is in College at Jacksonville State. Good price, as always a nice clean Hampton!

Room Tip: 4th floor is reserved for people with pets. Bomb sniffing dogs and handlers were in town for trainin...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank penny H
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Thanks for choosing us for a night on your way home, and for sharing your comments. Those dogs, and their handlers are something, aren't they? We are honored that they stay with us often for training and special events. I hope you will stay with us again when you visit your daughter or are in the area for any reason.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed 2 nights on the 4th floor. I had a great night's sleep both evenings. The room had a refrigerator and microwave. The heat / AC worked well. The free breakfast was good. Staff was always very friendly. The room was clean and quiet. The TV had hundreds of channels. The bed was very comfy. There is a business center with two computers and a printer. The computers are slow, but adequate. The fitness center is better than most hotels.

I enjoyed the fact that there were several restaurants within walking distance. Unfortunately, there are no sidewalks so you have to walk in the road. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Outdoorpartner
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thanks so much for your recent stay and nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and want you to know we are upgrading both our WiFi service and fitness room this year. I hope you will be pleased with the results the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

My family stayed at this hotel last weekend (2/17-2/20) while in Oxford, AL for a family gathering. While the hotel, breakfast and location was nice some of the staff and the room in which we stayed was not. We were placed on the fourth floor with accomodates the vast majority of guests with pets. Those dogs barked frequently during the night and in the early morning all three nights we were there. Although we complained to front desk personel, our complains were down-grade to "pet will be pets" nor did they ever offer to switch our room. It was the worst stay we've ever encountered at a hotel. One morning after receiving housekeeping service, the housekeeping supervisor knock once and just let herself into our room before we could respond. The same front desk personel worked all 3 days of our stay and we complained everday we were there about dogs barking at night and early mornings. It was not until the day we checked out we were able to speak with the manager and vent our frustrations. He complimented us one night stay although there is plaque embedded in the front desk that states " If your not 100% satisfied, you don't pay anything." For these reasons, I would never stay there again nor would I recommend this particular establishment to anyone.
L. Scott

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the pet accomadations floor which are the 3rd & 4th floors.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

I am very sorry you were so disappointed with your recent stay here. We have been in direct contact with you privately and reached an agreeable resolution. I will understand if you chose not to stay with us again, and hope you will continue to enjoy Hampton's in other locations.