“Thank You”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Fernandina Beach, United States
“Thank You”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Hotel staff were excellence. I appreicated the hotel check in person. They made my family feel welcomed. This stay was offered by the Hilton reward program. The hotel upgraded my room because of this.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear John Y,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton family of hotels, and for your membership in our HHonors Rewards program. I'm glad you were able enjoy your benefit at our hotel, and appreciate your nice review and rating. I hope we can serve you here again on a future visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have been to the area before, we do business in Talladega and stay in Oxord.

I stayed again at the Hampton Inn Oxford for 5 nights wk of October 7th and again a month later for week of November 4th, 2013. Called ahead and asked that I have a room on the 4th floor, they were kind enough to entertain that request, and even made sure I was in the same part of the hallway/middle, away from stairs and elevators. Finding the right quite room is important for me.

I had room 404 in October. it was okay. I just had a feeling the room wasn't quite as clean as it could be, I found myself wiping down the counter in bathroom, it had a film. Regardless, I still felt comfortable in the room for the most part. One night, I was sitting on the other bed (one not using to sleep in) and noticed a bug - not sure what kind. I suppose it came in on my jeans after walking to local restaurants because I never saw anything else. Still, it sort of bothered me.

I had room 407 in November. I liked that room much better. Odd numbered rooms are on the north side of the hotel, face over the parking area instead of the street/interstate side. I'd say I slept alot better in 407 and the room was clean, with no issues.

Both rooms had an issue for me personally. I like it pretty cold in my room, but I never could get the air conditioning lower than 65-66. And, when it was reading 66, it felt more like 70. I also, like another previous reviewer, did not like that I could not keep the fan constant on but still have the A/C. Just a pet peeve really.

Most mornings, we were rushed for breakfast. However, the oatmeal is good and you can get yogurt, cereal all the standard items. Fitness room is basic, but does the trick. One treadmill, one eliptical, one bike and weights.

Great location to walk to plety of restaurants...Try Mellow Mushroom, Fuji or Lonestar. Everything is so close by, and even more across the interstate if desired.

You will be pleased with this hotel. I will check for availability again here first before considering another propery. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for room on north side (odd numbered).
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear KKJACKS,

Thank you very much for staying with us again and posting your candid comments. Travelling for business or pleasure can be stressful and challenging, and we want all our guests to be able to relax and enjoy themselves while they are here. I'm sorry for any disturbances and discomforts you experienced and appreciate your understanding. We value your business and your feedback, which we use to make improvements to our operation. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Tupelo, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I had no issues and if staying in Oxford stay here. I had to stay at a different hotel this week only because this the Hampton was booked. For the same price I'm staying in a smaller room, and the facilities are not nearly as good. The crazy thing is I'm right across the road at the Courtyard.

Atlanta
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was a business trip that was made more pleasant by my hotel experience with Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston. The Check-In process flowed smoothly. The front desk assistant general manager was friendly, professional and helpful. When I accidentally lost my satin blouse, the assistant general manager did not hesitate to mail it to my home address upon my providing an accurate description of the lost item. He also fulfilled my request to change my room bed size from a double queen to a king. Breakfast was great and consisted of a variety of hot and cold items. The bedroom was comfortable and made doing my work less of a hardship. From now on, when I make a stop in Oxford-Anniston, Alabama, you bet your boots I will be staying at the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was at this hotel for a business conference. I was extremely happy with the accommodations. It had a great meeting room and I loved that we didn't have to drive anywhere for the meeting. The hotel did a great job of providing everything we needed. It was very clean, quiet and provided free breakfast and internet. I would highly recommend it to anyone whether their travel is for business or pleasure.

Suffolk, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Passing through on a trip with my two kids. The room was very comfortable, free wireless internet and TV entertained the kids. Bed was very comfortable and very clean. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Randall B,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your compliments. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Elizabethton, TN
Reviewed 2 November 2013

A 5-STAR experience stay from arriving to leaving. Clean and well lighted parking lot. Lobby area very nice. Checking in was a breeze and the desk associate was very professional and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Nice bed linens and towels. Wonderful complimentary breakfast, with lots to choose from

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Murphy126,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments. It is always gratifying to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again on a future visit.