“Great stay”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
McCalla, United States
“Great stay”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Excellent hotel; high quality accomodations; bed very comfortable; rooms extremely clean. I was impressed as always. And did I mention that the breakfast was delicious!!! It is always a pleasure to stay and the Hampto Inn. I only wished that I had more time to just enjoy the room and the facilities.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Kimberly R,

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your comments about your recent stay with us.
I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide and hope you will let us serve you here again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Chapel Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed here for one Friday night for a family Christmas gathering nearby the next day. We have stayed at several places off this exit of I20 between Birmingham and Atlanta. There are some good hotels here but this one is by far the best we have found! Rooms are spacious, nicely appointed and very clean. But, the best thing about this hotel is the staff! They are very friendly and welcoming and go above and beyond to anticipate and meet your every need. The lady in the dining area that night went out of her way to get coloring books, cookies, milk and whatever else was wanted by my sister's grandchildren when the kitchen wasn't even open. This will be our choice for lodging in this area from now on.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Earl D,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We value your business and appreciate you acknowledgement of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This property is great. Staff is very professional and friendly. Each time I have stayed here they do their best to make you feel welcome. I recommend this Hampton if you are in this area and need a place to stay.

Room Tip: If traveling with a pet, request first floor room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear JL22L,

Thanks for your many visits and for posting your comments about us. I'm glad you know you can count on us for a comfortable stay and great service. We really appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are here.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was very pleased with staying at the Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston...and shopping and restaurants were only across the street!!! Service here was impeccable...even the GM sent me an email!!! A Housekeeper even gave our daughter a coloring book and crayons just because!!! How sweet was that!!! I would definitely stay here again...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear EllesRichardTiff18,

Thank you so much for your review---we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff members aim to do everything in their power to fulfill our guests’ needs, and exceed their expectations, as our guests are truly the most important factor in our business. We appreciate your kind words and hope we can serve you here again.

Fort Mill
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The Oxford, Alabama location is the big draw for us because it is half way to our frequent destination. The staff is very hospitable and the manager, Danny Lee, is excellent. His staff exemplifies his attention to detail in serving his customers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Marion G,

Thank you very much for sharing your remarks about your stay with us. Danny is a terrific leader and inspires all of us to do our best, with every guest, every day. It is our pleasure to work with him in providing excellent service and accommodations to our valued guests like you. We are happy to be of service and appreciate your business.

Fernandina Beach, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Hotel staff were excellence. I appreicated the hotel check in person. They made my family feel welcomed. This stay was offered by the Hilton reward program. The hotel upgraded my room because of this.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear John Y,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton family of hotels, and for your membership in our HHonors Rewards program. I'm glad you were able enjoy your benefit at our hotel, and appreciate your nice review and rating. I hope we can serve you here again on a future visit.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have been to the area before, we do business in Talladega and stay in Oxord.

I stayed again at the Hampton Inn Oxford for 5 nights wk of October 7th and again a month later for week of November 4th, 2013. Called ahead and asked that I have a room on the 4th floor, they were kind enough to entertain that request, and even made sure I was in the same part of the hallway/middle, away from stairs and elevators. Finding the right quite room is important for me.

I had room 404 in October. it was okay. I just had a feeling the room wasn't quite as clean as it could be, I found myself wiping down the counter in bathroom, it had a film. Regardless, I still felt comfortable in the room for the most part. One night, I was sitting on the other bed (one not using to sleep in) and noticed a bug - not sure what kind. I suppose it came in on my jeans after walking to local restaurants because I never saw anything else. Still, it sort of bothered me.

I had room 407 in November. I liked that room much better. Odd numbered rooms are on the north side of the hotel, face over the parking area instead of the street/interstate side. I'd say I slept alot better in 407 and the room was clean, with no issues.

Both rooms had an issue for me personally. I like it pretty cold in my room, but I never could get the air conditioning lower than 65-66. And, when it was reading 66, it felt more like 70. I also, like another previous reviewer, did not like that I could not keep the fan constant on but still have the A/C. Just a pet peeve really.

Most mornings, we were rushed for breakfast. However, the oatmeal is good and you can get yogurt, cereal all the standard items. Fitness room is basic, but does the trick. One treadmill, one eliptical, one bike and weights.

Great location to walk to plety of restaurants...Try Mellow Mushroom, Fuji or Lonestar. Everything is so close by, and even more across the interstate if desired.

You will be pleased with this hotel. I will check for availability again here first before considering another propery. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for room on north side (odd numbered).
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear KKJACKS,

Thank you very much for staying with us again and posting your candid comments. Travelling for business or pleasure can be stressful and challenging, and we want all our guests to be able to relax and enjoy themselves while they are here. I'm sorry for any disturbances and discomforts you experienced and appreciate your understanding. We value your business and your feedback, which we use to make improvements to our operation. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.