“Pleasant Surprise”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I had planned to stay at another hotel, where I normally stay, but it had no vacancy.. I was able to get two rooms here. It had great amenities and a pleasant helpful staff. This is where I will stay on my next trip to this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I had to find a room at the last second and was very pleased to stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Oxford. I stayed two nights and had to make a couple of changes to my plans while there. The desk staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was immaculately clean, quiet, and spacious, and the bed was amazingly comfortable. I would have "settled" for a lot less, but was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience, and it was actually quite reasonable. There are several fast food restaurants within walking distance, and several nicer sit-down restaurants and stores within a 2-3 minute drive. The hotel is just north of 1-20. Parking is a bit crowded, but not a big problem. This is not a posh "luxury" property but compares very favorably with newer Hampton Inns, Marriott Courtyards, or a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Proper_Gander
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We got off the freeway about 2--3 hours early than we expected because of road/travel fatigue, ate a pecan waffle at the Waffle House, and then looked around at the hotels surrounding for a good night's sleep. We settled on Country Inn because it seemed to be the best value for our budget. SO GLAD we stopped here. I have a car full of all my belongings, and felt secure with their 30 camera security system that the front desk manager surveyed.

There was a cranky customer who was trying to upgrade his room without paying. The front desk manager was calm as this man threw a tantrum. He then told us a series of his most interesting customer stories as we waited for our online reservation to come through. Hearing these stories, of which the manager clearly took care of the well-being of his guests, and the hotel itself made us feel as if we would have a nice stay. We were right.

We nestled into our bed, and watched a French film on TCM. Slept well with no noise disturbance. We woke up in the morning and had a wonderful breakfast of hard boiled eggs. fruit, and waffles with strawberries, maple syrup, and whipped cream. We worked out, and then left the hotel pretty refreshed.

Only complaint is minor, that the pool/jacuzzi is available right before check out time if someone wants to use it before leaving. We never had a chance to use either before we left.

Room Tip: Do not try to upgrade your room without paying, or to attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of mana...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Room Tip: Prime amenities, very clean, and good restful stay. No nonsense, and yet sweetheart of a hotel manag...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2013

My job requires that I stay at hotels that accept direct-billing through CLC. This was my first stay at this hotel and I can say that it was better than most I've encountered. The rooms were average size and clean. The WI-Fi was adequate for my purposes. The location is excellent....close to I-20 and many resturaunts. The biggest problem I had was with the breakfast....it was late being put out completely. The hot items (which were in big demand) were the last things to come out. People were stacking up waiting for completion and during my time eating, it was never completed 100%. Also, the lady during check-out never smiled but was somewhat effecient in her duties.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was our first stay at a Country Inn and Suites. We were reasonably satisfied with our stay. Here are the details.

The good:

* This property is very conveniently located just off the interstate with plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby.
*The decor was nice......very homey.
*The cookies at check in are a nice touch.
*We took advantage of the "library" while there. If you don't finish the book during your stay, you can return it to any other location. Pretty neat!
*The room was a decent size, the linens were fresh and crisp, and the bed was comfortable.
*The continental breakfast was especially good and had more variety than other comparable hotels we've stayed at. I particularly enjoyed the fresh strawberries for my waffle. The breakfast room was large with plenty of seating.

The bad:

*Bless my husband's heart, he was awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night because someone's work truck alarm was going off continuously. When he asked about it the next morning, he was told they didn't know which room the owner of the truck was in, so there was nothing they could do. We have stayed places before where we were required to give the make and model of our car at check-in. Management might want to consider that for just such an occasion.

*Speaking of management.......the lady we encountered when we checked out was a bit "snooty". She seemed more interested in her Mercedes than anything else. I really don't remember her even asking if we enjoyed our stay. Frankly, I don't think she cared. The breakfast room needed attention, and I asked if someone was working in there. She said, "yes", but she didn't offer to find them or help in any way. We never saw anyone working the breakfast area for the 30-40 minutes we were there.

The best:

The young man working the front desk when we checked in was great. I just hate that I can't remember his name. He was friendly and was able to make a restaurant recommendation. He is a great asset to this property.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Maybe I am spoiled and like a place that is updated and fresh smelling. Icky hall carpet should have been a clue. Didn't want to even walk barefoot in the room. My husband has allergies and wouldn't you know it, he forgot his inhaler. He had a miserable nights stay. A few nights later when we passed back through this area and stayed, we went to the Holiday Inn across the street. Worth the $8 more.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are disappointed to hear of your concerns, but grateful you brought them to our attention. We have instructed our management and housekeeping supervisor to focus on guest room and hotel conditions in the future so we can improve the quality of our hotel and exceed the expectations of our guests. We hope you get the chance in the near future to visit our hotel again so we can the chance to restore your faith in our property.