“Nice remodel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 29 August 2014

After problems with Hotel next door we called and got a two room suite here. Very clean. New pillow top mattress. Looks like recently remodeled. Very quiet and pet friendly with no deposit. Staff very friendly. We had a top floor room. Wonderful water pressure with lots of hot water. Looked like nice breakfast though all we had was juice and coffee.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The staff is excellent, the Breakfast is great, Clean Rooms with many Ameneties, Ignore the old comments this hotel went under a mega Renovations and its a Best looking hotel in Oxford, Great Plcae to

1  Thank Mundd2014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This La Quinta is very nice and clean. We enjoyed our suite with a sitting room & TV and bedroom with TV. The staff was very accommodating with a smile. We stayed three days and had our cat with us. The housekeeping staff did not disturb us but offered extra towels and took trash we left outside the door.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Disgusting!!!! I stayed in room 103 last night and I will never stay there again! At first glance, the room is gorgeous... I honestly felt I lucked out. And with a military rate I thought it was the best deal around. That was until I had to kill a cockroach crawling on my daughters pillow while she slept! Then upon closer inspection, I found bugs, dead and alive, crawling all over the room. It was filthy. I have multiple pictures and video to prove my experience. I told the front desk, and she apologized and said she would inform management. (The receptionist was very sweet) Little help that does for me though. $100 for a room I would expect at a motel 6. If it wasn't for the fact that my kids were already sound asleep, I would have left immediately. Instead, I stayed up the entire night to make sure the roaches stayed away from my kids... Driving 30 hours, with two kids and a dog, by myself since my husband is deployed and now I'm more exhausted then when I first arrived there... One phrase to sum up my experience... Looks can be deceiving! Stay away!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. I thought I was going to be staying at country inn and Suites but they changed about a month ago. this was my first time staying at a LaQuinta and I was very pleased. the rooms were nice and I got a good night sleep. the staff were very friendly checking me in and out. thank you

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I recently traveled to Louisiana and our 1/2 way stopping point was the La Quinta Inn in Oxford, Alabama. When we stayed on our way there, the 1st-floor room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We traveled with a dog and this hotel had no extra charges for dogs and the floor was linoleum which made it very conducive to having pets in the event you needed to clean. On the way back, we stayed at this same hotel but got a 2nd-floor room which was again, very clean, but the bed was so uncomfortable and the floors were carpeted. They did not have a wide assortment of food for breakfast nor a large breakfast area. The price was very reasonable and there were a wide variety of businesses surrounding this hotel (restaurants, convenience stores and Target).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Not a fan at all. I am not sure the ratings for this hotel are correct either.
I am going to have to use another source
The AC unit vent was broken. We found bug crawling in our room, the noise through the night was beyond what you normally hear through the night. Very bad overall to be honest.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank robynvitto
Milin P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

I'll try and address a couple of your concerns here, the reason we don't look like a typical Country is that we are undergoing a change. Renovations were completed yesterday and as of 6/30 we will be changing hotel brands. The noise I would like to address, but the general nature of the complaint makes it a bit hard. If there is a mechanical issue or something to that nature that needs to be addressed, feel free to call the hotel and make us aware of it. Noise from another guest, we try and handle all noise complaints quickly and efficiently. If you called the front desk and they did not address that then I apologize. I would implore anyone that thinks about writing a review online to indicate if you made the desk clerk you checked out with aware of the problems you had before you checked out. If you do it makes it easier as a hotel for us to address the problems that arise. Thanks so much. Brian