“Fair value place for a decent night's rest”

Courtyard Anniston Oxford
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We checked in here at the last minute due to bad traffic earlier in our trip. The room we were assigned was clean, but a little cozy (small). The internet worked well and the bathroom was clean. The bed wasn't as firm as some beds we've had in the past, but it slept well enough.

I'll probably stay here again if we're looking for a place in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1010travel0101, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Anniston Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard By Marriott Anniston Oxford. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I'm glad you did get a good nights rest.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact us at the Courtyard By Marriott Oxford, AL. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We checked into room 328. It had unbearable highway noise.

So we asked to move to another suite. When I asked to move, they were going to charge me for 2 rooms if we moved to them from a suite, which was 2 rooms, since they had no other suites available for our stay. Thank god we got 2 rooms and paid for them, because we had to try to get air from 126 into 128, since the air did not work either night.

128’s air did not work. It was making a huge noise when we moved in, but not blowing anything but hot air. It had been set on 43 degrees. It was also making a huge clanking sound. So we turned it off. The maintenance guy, of course was gone at 4pm and would not come back until the morning. When he came, he said someone left the cover off the inside of the unit.

Later, when we returned to the room, it was making a very loud throbbing noise. The manager told me lots of air conditioning is noisy. Maintain did not come back. Gone for day and did not respond to her call. Turns out did not put out cool air anyway. So, again, we turned it off and tried to get air from the other room, which had a perfectly normal, non throbbing a/c unit.

The maintenance guy also reeked of nicotine and smoke. 128 had a lump in the middle of the carpet. There was a Huge lump in carpet in connecting area between 128 & 126. In, 126 one light at the bed did not work. All had the tiniest bedside tables ever seen. And 128 had a gash in the headboard. Oh, and the pullout sofa was gross.

After the first night, I spoke with the front desk manager, and she said “what would you like?” in a condescending tone. Move? Who wants to move in the middle of a 2 night stay? With lots of gear for a cycling event.

It was stupid to build the property with suites that people pay more for right on top of the highway.

Finally, the staff was surly, exterior door slammed late into night and from 4.30 am on, and the hotel was not properly maintained. Oh, and several of our bottles of shampoo and conditioner were half full, making me wonder who used the other half. Gross.

We got no sleep. The road was still loud from the bottom floor, but better.
But, in the fall, there were several dozen dead, dust covered bugs inside the windowsill at the Fairfield Inn next door. I cannot imagine how long they had been there.

Room Tip: avoid any even number room or a room near exterior door
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank platinumforever
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We turned around and went back to this hotel instead of staying in Birmingham because the reviews were good and the price was much better. The staff were more than pleasant. Our room was large and luxurious. Breakfast was made to order. We loved everything!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is a great business hote because it is close to everything in the area. There are a few sit down restaurants in walking distance and the area is safe. The hotel offers an indoor pool and jacuzzi which I took use of. The pool is heated as well so no worries about a cold pool. Staff was excellent and they have a mini cafe in the lobby as well. The room was quaint and decor was modern. Bed was soft and room felt like you were at home.

I have stayed in many courtyards throughout the nation and this one goes hand in hand with all the good experiences I have had. This hotel is hard to get a king bed tho during the week so book early otherwise you will get 2 queens like I did.

Enthusiastically recommend if in the area

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I really enjoy staying at this Courtyard, it is well located just off the interstate with a number of good dining options to which one can walk. I stayed here last week, it was a cold and windy night and my room was nice and toasty. Windy was working front desk and I couldn't have asked for anyone to be nicer or more helpful. She was GREAT in every way. She suggested a new restaurant in town and gave me a menu to take with me for future reference. My room was spacious and very clean. I had a room away from the interstate so had no noise problem. The one thing I did notice -the hall was cold don't know why, the weather was very cold that night which could have contributed. Breakfast at the Bistro was very good, the cook did an excellent job with the food. Hey Windy, thanks for making my stay so enjoyable!!!

Room Tip: room away from interstate
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Perfect location. I could walk to multiple places to eat. The front desk staff was amazing. I met Windy and a blonde girl who were both always smiling and willing to help me with anything from finding a store to where to eat. The blonde one even gave me quicker directions than Mapquest. Breakfast was your typical Courtyard. I will definitely return here when traveling to Anniston.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the interstate
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cleantraveler205
Reviewed 10 November 2013

With a convenient location right off the highway and several restaurants and retail nearby, the Courtyard by Marriott at Anniston is a solid hotel. Main complaint would be breakfast started at 7AM instead of the usual 6:30AM at most hotels, so for those who check out early may be disappointed in this. Room size was large and really liked the desk on wheels that made it easy to work from anywhere in the room. Exercise room is also adequate with both cardio equipment and free weights. Overall a good hotel and I would recommend this hotel to others and if in the area again, would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Anniston Oxford
#1 of 4 in Anniston
Comfort Suites Oxford
Comfort Suites Oxford
#7 of 18 in Oxford

Been to Courtyard Anniston Oxford? Share your experiences!