“Perfect Stop”

Courtyard Anniston Oxford
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the perfect stopping point in route to Memphis. Good rate and room was clean. Staff was friendly and efficient. Only downfall was no free coffee, but they did serve Starbucks and that made the wife happy.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 22 July 2014

So the good...friendly front desk, pretty clean room, location is conveinent. Regarding the location - there really aren't many places to stay in Anniston other than this cluster of hotels on Colonial Drive. I think the Hilton Garden Inn is newer and nicer, but the times I had to go it was never available and always sold out (which is probably telling). I suspect the Marriott is the second nicest property. I am a rewards member, so fortunately was on a high floor facing away from the highway. I've heard highway side can be sort of noisy. I did like the location as mentioned - several restaurants within walking distance. It felt relatively safe, but I wouldn't necessarily walk around too late at night. As a bonus, most of the restaurants will deliver to you at the hotel.

I had a few blips in my stays there - key cards not working, fire alarm went off (very short period of time early afternoong, no service at the the eatery, etc. Most mornings I went down I ended up skipping breakfast there. While they do brew starbucks, it wasn't the greatest and I often had to wait for someone to come out. A few times the front desk watched me without calling for help, while other times they got someone from the restaurants. I thought the people working the bistro area were really nice. I did buy yogurt once only to realize it was expired. The bistro also will close early without notice if it isn't busy so just be warned.

Fortunately, the snack shop off the front desk is pretty well stocked.

In terms of service, I was alway greeted nicely by the front desk folks.

There isn't much to say about the rooms - they are pretty dark and dank. I felt like they were a little more 2.5 star versus 3 star, but there wasn't anything truly wrong with them either.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DesertLife09
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff truly made my stay as wonderful as it was... They welcomed up with open arms and were very eager to please... Jordan at the front desk had the sweetest attitude and personality as well as Liz in the Bistro.. We recommend this property to anybody who asks.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Nancy V
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We checked in here at the last minute due to bad traffic earlier in our trip. The room we were assigned was clean, but a little cozy (small). The internet worked well and the bathroom was clean. The bed wasn't as firm as some beds we've had in the past, but it slept well enough.

I'll probably stay here again if we're looking for a place in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1010travel0101, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Anniston Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard By Marriott Anniston Oxford. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I'm glad you did get a good nights rest.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact us at the Courtyard By Marriott Oxford, AL. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We checked into room 328. It had unbearable highway noise.

So we asked to move to another suite. When I asked to move, they were going to charge me for 2 rooms if we moved to them from a suite, which was 2 rooms, since they had no other suites available for our stay. Thank god we got 2 rooms and paid for them, because we had to try to get air from 126 into 128, since the air did not work either night.

128’s air did not work. It was making a huge noise when we moved in, but not blowing anything but hot air. It had been set on 43 degrees. It was also making a huge clanking sound. So we turned it off. The maintenance guy, of course was gone at 4pm and would not come back until the morning. When he came, he said someone left the cover off the inside of the unit.

Later, when we returned to the room, it was making a very loud throbbing noise. The manager told me lots of air conditioning is noisy. Maintain did not come back. Gone for day and did not respond to her call. Turns out did not put out cool air anyway. So, again, we turned it off and tried to get air from the other room, which had a perfectly normal, non throbbing a/c unit.

The maintenance guy also reeked of nicotine and smoke. 128 had a lump in the middle of the carpet. There was a Huge lump in carpet in connecting area between 128 & 126. In, 126 one light at the bed did not work. All had the tiniest bedside tables ever seen. And 128 had a gash in the headboard. Oh, and the pullout sofa was gross.

After the first night, I spoke with the front desk manager, and she said “what would you like?” in a condescending tone. Move? Who wants to move in the middle of a 2 night stay? With lots of gear for a cycling event.

It was stupid to build the property with suites that people pay more for right on top of the highway.

Finally, the staff was surly, exterior door slammed late into night and from 4.30 am on, and the hotel was not properly maintained. Oh, and several of our bottles of shampoo and conditioner were half full, making me wonder who used the other half. Gross.

We got no sleep. The road was still loud from the bottom floor, but better.
But, in the fall, there were several dozen dead, dust covered bugs inside the windowsill at the Fairfield Inn next door. I cannot imagine how long they had been there.

Room Tip: avoid any even number room or a room near exterior door
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank platinumforever
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We turned around and went back to this hotel instead of staying in Birmingham because the reviews were good and the price was much better. The staff were more than pleasant. Our room was large and luxurious. Breakfast was made to order. We loved everything!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is a great business hote because it is close to everything in the area. There are a few sit down restaurants in walking distance and the area is safe. The hotel offers an indoor pool and jacuzzi which I took use of. The pool is heated as well so no worries about a cold pool. Staff was excellent and they have a mini cafe in the lobby as well. The room was quaint and decor was modern. Bed was soft and room felt like you were at home.

I have stayed in many courtyards throughout the nation and this one goes hand in hand with all the good experiences I have had. This hotel is hard to get a king bed tho during the week so book early otherwise you will get 2 queens like I did.

Enthusiastically recommend if in the area

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Anniston Oxford
Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oxford
Hotel Finial
Hotel Finial
#1 of 4 in Anniston
Hampton Inn Oxford-Anniston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oxford - Anniston

Been to Courtyard Anniston Oxford? Share your experiences!