“Fantastic Hotel & Service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anniston Oxford
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Mobile, Alabama
“Fantastic Hotel & Service”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our whole experience was fantastic with this hotel. Worked with Wendy to book a large group and we could not have found a better, more hospitable place to stay. Our rooms were perfect for our needs, very clean and the staff was extremely hospitable. Lobby and breakfast areas were wonderful, breakfast was great, and we had just an all-around terrific experience. Our group stayed four nights and we would not hesitate to return, the next time we are in the area. I highly recommend Fairfield Inn & Suites in Oxford!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Southaven, MS
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Not only did they offer wings, potato salad, and beverages when we arrived around six, but they had a very good breakfast with a variety of choices. Service was great, and the room was clean, cool, and neatly appointed. I used the fitness facility the next morning, and it was clean, and quiet, with good equipment.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor, so no footsteps above us.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited in June 2014. The rates were OK. The rooms were clean. The beds were hard in the two rooms we rented. There is a sign on the front desk stating that standard WiFi is available for free, but you can get 'high speed' WiFi for about $5. I did not pay extra because I didn't plan on downloading movies.

Well, for those of you who remember the days of dial-up modems, be prepared for a nostalgic look back. It took about half an hour just to download the Fairfield mobile app on my iPhone. I stay in Fairfields all the time (just returned from one in the Midwest)--never have run into this scam before in the Marriott line.

Stayed June 2014
Fort White, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at this motel several nights while touring the Talladega national forest. It is in a good location with a lot of nice restaurants within 1 mile of the motel. The room was extra large. It was a good base location to travel the sites. One site trip was the Cheaha State Park the highest point in Alabama. The staff were great and we enjoyed the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Goldrockhunter
Clemson, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2014

As far as Marriott properties go, this one had the look and feel of a Courtyard by Marriott vs. a Fairfield Inn and Suites. The lobby was well decorated and clean; the desk attendant was cordial and extremely accommodating. The rooms were also extremely clean with comfortable bed. No problems with WiFi, etc. I can't comment on the breakfast but supposedly it's offers the full fare. Will definitely use this inn as a bivouac/stop-over in the future!

Room Tip: I had a room facing away from the Interstate and didn't detect any excess noise. Maybe suggest...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Lebo W
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I had to stay here for over a week and it was truly a great experience.

From the moment I walked in the door, the staff were all smiling and willing to help with anything I needed. I had to ask the fresk desk associates to fax documents for me multiples times and also pick up packages for me. They always did exactly what they said they would and had everything waiting for me. I asked them for suggestions on where to eat, shop, and drink numerous times and they always had a great response and gave me good directions. Every day housekeeping had been in my room to tidy up, but never messed with any of my things. The one day I got to sleep in, they respected my do not disturb sign, which is rare! Breakfast was always great and the hotel is nestled right in the middle of plenty of places to eat (fast food AND sit down) and there is also a large shopping center less than a mile away.

All in all, it was a better than expected trip, and I will definitely be staying here again when I return to Oxford/Anniston!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the side facing opposite the highway!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I would NOT recommend this property! The rooms are NOT clean; our room had red / brown "stuff" smudged on the bathroom door, door frame, light cover and wall. The concern was brought to the attention of the staff. Housekeeping wiped the door, however, they did NOT clean the other areas brought to their attention. A call was requested from the manager; the front desk staff stated we would receive a call by 9 a.m. At 12:30 we had not been contacted by the management and contacted the hotel. The female at the front desk was rude and belligerent. We contacted the sister property in an effort to speak to the manager of the property (she manages both properties). We did speak with her, she was borderline rude. She said she would contact the owner and call us back. Several hours later, the owner called and stated they passed the Health Inspection and we were harassing her staff. My husband tried to explain to her we frequently stay at Marriott properties and have NEVER had a problem before. She said we could contact corporate and hung up on him.
In addition to a concern with cleanliness, safety is a concern. The door to the stairwell did not lock, therefore, anyone could enter the property without going thru the Lobby. Wallpaper is thumbtacked to the wall and carpet is screwed to the stairs.
This property does NOT meet Marriott standards. The property is very similar to an EXTENDED STAY property. This hotel is a FRANCHISE of Marriott.... I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this property to anyone!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family