“Affordable, Clean and Great Breakfast!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Rocky Mount
“Affordable, Clean and Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Central to everything in Oxford, and close to the major roads, this older yet updated hotel is a great place to stay. Clean and convenient. Friendly and helpful staff. Free breakfast in the morning was a huge plus-a very big spread from waffles to biscuits, eggs and sausage-cereals and more. Everything needed to please everyone in your family and save money for other things during the day. The only negatives were the rooms were small and beds a bit too soft. We had three people in our room and had a hard time placing all our gear for three days. No closets to stash stuff in, but there is a stand up five foot wardrobe to hang things in. Our room did not have a tub, which was odd, but instead had a stand up shower. The sliding door to the bathroom was quite strange and reminiscent of hotels in the old days. Over all, we enjoyed our visit there and slept well through the quiet night with the AC/heater running to block out any noise. Fresh baked cookies in the lobby from 5-7 disappeared too quickly-so get there early!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank limegreenflipflops

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Huffman, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2012

The room we stayed in was very nice and clean. It was a lttle smaller than we expected but was OK. My sister and I were on vacation and only spent one night, but that was as planned. My only concern with this room/hotel was the bathroom. It seemed kinda like an afterthought. It was the size of an oversized closet and there was only a stand up shower,no tub. The door going to the bathroom (toilet/shower) was a pocket door so that was good since the room was small. If you are claustrophobic, you will not like it or will need to leave the door open.
The breakfast was more than continental but not as much as some hotels that I have stayed in.
Overall, the hotel was nice and the people at the front desk and in the breakfast are were very helpful also. This would be fine for a one night stay but think if I were going to spend a few or more nights, I would want something a little bigger.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

They advertise being the least expensive in this area. I'm not sure cause I didn't check any other hotels. I was walking towards the elevator and it smelled like feet. I went to my room and it looked clean but after I showered, I put the towel on my face and it smelled dirty. The bed has a pis smell. This week I stood in hotels that are supposed to be lower quality and I must say they beat this one with no problem...

• Stayed October 2012
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I made a quick trip out to Oxford, having stayed in this hotel previously did not , hesitate to make reservation at this Sleep Inn. We had a nice relaxing afternoon and had plans to go swimming in the pool after dinner. With our swim suits on, we went to the pool deck for a drink and a swim. To my surprise, the desk clerk had guests, not guests or the hotel, but some of her young late teen or early twenties friends swimming in the pool! I love sitting on the pool deck getting to know the other guests and their families when I stay away from home, but hotel employees should not have their friends come to the hotel while they are working. The girls were loud, took up the entire pool, the desk clerk came out several times joking loudly with them, and even threw the life preserver to them to float on. I complained to the manager and emailed corporate. The manager said it her 2nd day, and he watched the video and she was only away from the front desk a few minutes at a time. He apologized and said he had a meeting with her after I spoke with him a week later. Apology or not, my evening was ruined. I am going back this coming up weekend with 5 groups of friends for a motorcycle event. I do hope I enjoy my experience this weekend, as all the hotels are booked due to the event.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mamalisarides
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I've stayed here twice within a two week period and both times were excellent. Close to restaurants and the highway. The staff was excellent. They have a business center that they keep locked, so you have to ask for the key. Breakfast had a good variety, but the breakfast area is a little on the small side. Room was clean, spacious, and the bed was comfortable. Suited me well. Great rates as well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Went with friends, we had 7 rooms reserved. Check in went smoothly, rooms very nice and very clean! Breakfast was good. The hotel staff was great during our entire 3 day stay. We were greeted with a smile each time we came in the front door of got off of the elevator. The pool area was exceptional. Plan on going back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mamalisarides
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2011

One of the newer hotels, this place was a delightful surprise to me! Stayed 2 nights due to a friend's wedding and the whole time the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The housekeeping was quick and efficient. The whole place was so clean!! Nice rooms!! Though we didn't try breakfast, I did take a peek and saw a very spacious breakfast area serving continental foods including some hot options! We would of eaten there. We felt safe with all the cameras around the establishment and staff always at the desk even at late hours of the night. Quick, speedy checkout. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for best rates.