All reviews microwave and coffee maker bed was comfortable within walking distance shower pillows pros cons interstate
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Good stopping area, we were traveling from East Texas to Savannah. There were plenty of restraunts close by as well as a shopping area. The hotel was clean, good service, and a good breakfast. The only complaint i would have is our door had a lot of light coming in from the edges....told clerk in the morning and he said they would fix it.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2010

Landed here around 2 a.m. on the drive from Atlanta to B'ham for a funeral. The front desk guy couldn't have been nicer to me. the rate was fair and the room was clean. Wouldn't want to stay for a month, but for a night with a business center and a decent breakfast, it was just fine.

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2009

I came with my husband who had a job in the area and we stayed here for a month. Read some bad reviews and would just like to alert evryone reading this sight that they must've had a staff turnover and whole motel remodel. I would definately recomend this motel to anyone. Its not as high class as the Marriot but is very nice for the money and the staff is very friendly and accomadating. I was very satisfied with my experience and just ask my husband I'm pretty picky when it comes to motels!

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank partienUSA
Reviewed 27 June 2009

I recently stayed at this inn with my parents, both are 91 years of age.l had requested a first floor room when I made the reservation and when we arrived the person at the front desk was very rude and surly and acted as if we were disturbing her phone conversation. She gave us rooms on the second floor although it was evident that rooms were available on the first floor. The lavatory in my parents room did not have a plug for the drain and although this was reported, nothing was done. I left a comment form about the desk clerk, but there has been no response from the management. We travel to this location several times a year and my father said, "I don't want to stay here again."

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jekyll
Reviewed 26 October 2008

This motel was $83.24 (including tax). To be honest the only reason I stayed here is that this is the only motel at this exit that accepts cash. In my experience this is a sure sign that the motel is in a 'high crime' area.
The rooms themselves are quite small but would be nice if it wasn't for the smell. If you were to just walk in and not look around you would think the room hadn't been cleaned...in a long time. There is no underlying smell of cleaning products having been used in quite a while. This make me think all the maids are doing is changing the linen and wastebaskets and vacuuming but not really 'cleaning'. My room didn't have a bathtub, only a shower. The bed was quite good. The furniture was in good condition. If it wasn't for the smell this would be quite a good place to stay.
The breakfast area is pretty good and there is a fair bit on offer.
I put a deoderizer on the A/C and after quite some time the room did start to smell better. I bet it surprised the maid when she came in the next day!
Maybe I just had a funky room and surely they can't all be like that. If that's true I would recommend this property.

Date of stay: October 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)