“Fine for a night...”

Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Vero Beach, Florida
“Fine for a night...”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I paid $40 for one night using a coupon. Room was clean, comfortable, and had a fridge. Located next to a large Wal-Mart. Mediocre continental breakfast. No major issues to report--it's a budget motel, not a resort, and it does the job for a cheap price...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank CBrandt77

Families
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Don't even think about it!!!!! Terrible room, no internet as advertisd, like others that posted a review the staff was rude and insulting to the point of calling me an idiot even though with my compaints I acted like a gentleman. The Inn Keeper (Said his name was Bob but I doubt it ...he was of Middle East desent and probably had a name that could not be pronounced)would not negotiate the room rate. I was there on business as I work in NASCAR and was there for the big October race at Talladega.I would have checked out and got another room but all hotel/motel rooms were full. I disputed the room charges with Visa and was told that I had stayed the entire reservation as booked. They would not negotiate the charge or dispute the charge PERIOD!!! I got stuck for a bill for $666.since the room rate was jacked for the race paying as much as $160.per night during my 6 nights in that HELL HOLE!!! They apparently run a racket by taking advantage of people and sending them on their way!!!! I would have rated this review as in the negative but one circle was the only available option.

NEVER, NEVER in my travels (I am 58) personal or business have I had a WORSE experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank garry h

Travellers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Moultrie, Georgia
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We were just needing a good spot to spend the night, this location was just fine for an overnight stay. The manager was very helpful, the room was clean, had a refridgerator and microwave, was a good value.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Delta, Alabama
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I am actually a local, and needed a hotel for a few weeks while I was having some major remodeling done on my house. I picked Key West Inn for its convenience, it is located right next to Walmart.
The whole experience was basically a nightmare. The cleaning staff consisted of one very elderly man whose idea of cleaning was dropping towels off at the room once a day. I would come in from work to rarely find the bed made,and the only times that the bathroom was cleaned was when I did it myself. Only once during my whole stay were the sheets changed. My stay was in August, and even with the air running, it was miserably hot in the room.
The owner, manager, or whoever he was, was incredibly rude, especially to women. My fiance had multiple problems with him about the overall cleanliness of the room. We paid weekly, and on several occasions we had to take our receipts to the front office because they discontinued our key and accused us of not paying , even though we had paid for the whole week.
There actually was a "continental breakfast" consisting of little debbie cakes and milk they kept in a refrigerator in the lobby. However, I could never bring myself to eat anything from the lobby, because it was terribly cluttered and nasty.
If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed at the econolodge across the street. They have a pool, they have courteous English speaking staff, and it is just as affordable as the hellhole we stayed in.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bigpoppa21277
TULSA
Reviewed 7 February 2011

We arrived at this property looking for the motel pictured on their website. Woops! They must have loaded the wrong photo! This place was an absolute dump!Dirty room, hair on sink and in tub, just horrible.Finally got to sleep and woke up to the thought of a hot cup of coffee and a honey bun (their idea of a continental breakfast) only to find the office locked up at 7:30 in the morning! Rang the buzzer and finally some guy came out of the back room looking half asleep or hung over, and said rudely that there was no coffee and just waved me away! There are way too many other properties in this area to stay,please don't get suckered into staying at this one!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank goofypatty7777
New York
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Okay, I know this is a very serious charge to make, and I would not do it if I had any doubt about the identity of the insects crawling on the wall. I was sitting on the edge of the bed with my laptop, logged on to the wifi. I saw several small bugs moving across the wall - bugs that I had never seen before. I was afraid they were bedbugs, so googled "bedbugs" on my computer. Sure enough, that's what they were. No doubt in my mind. As for the rest of my experience there, I'll say the people in the office were very pleasant. The rate was low, but the room and the building overall were pretty shabby.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Gibraltar
Reviewed 29 August 2009

I just stayed at the Key west inn for one night, a Saturday night, late August 2009 and would like to share the following.
The location is great and easy to find, right near the highway. The greeting at the check-in by a young female employee was not bad and I was given the option for a smoking or non-smoking room. That room however smelled so bad since it has not been aired in quite a while, that I had to keep the door open for at least half an hour. It was no palace but that was not what I expected, nor needed anyway and I kept myself happy to have a bed and complimentary coffee.
The next morning was dreadful. Breakfast consisted of last week's doughnuts (hardly eatable) and the reception was anything but brightful. In fact, when I brought in the key, the receptionist was so very upset that I woke him up (at 08:40am!!) that he insulted me openly in the lobby. That for certain was NO WAY to treat any responsible guest and showed a total lack of respect or responsability. I suggest that that person, from Indian descent (male, medium build, black hair, about 30 years old), looks out very fast for a much more suitable job for him, preferable not one where any service standards and friendliness needs to be obtained.
That morning ruined not my day but did negatively change my whole idea of staying in places like the Key West Inn.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo