“Holiday Inn Express never disappoints.”

Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Broadway, North Carolina
“Holiday Inn Express never disappoints.”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed with my family on two occasions in July 2012. We chose this hotel due to the indoor pool and pet policy. I booked the 2 bedroom suite so my children had their own space.

The first stay I was not recognized as a Priority Club member but that is a minor ding (a lot of people were checking in at the time). The refrigerator was iced over and so thats another minor ding. The morning paper was not available so an additional ding. (All these issues were corrected on the second stay). The room was clean and smelled fresh. Ample towels were available at the pool, which was clean. The internet was faster than other HI-Expresses I've stayed at this year and no problems streaming content.

The breakfast rotated their fare so one meal had omelettes and biscuits with gravy while the other day had scrambled with bacon and biscuits. As usual, the coffee never ran out and the food was stocked.

They do accept pets and charge a non-refundable fee of $25. (I guess they keep the grass picked up because there was little to no pet 'deposits' on the grass around the hotel) The parking lot has limited pull through spots so I had to unhook my trailer on both visits and occupy two side-by-side parking spots.

Overall a pleasant stay and we really enjoyed the pool and the kids loved the large TV.

Room Tip: Book in advance on the website. You can prepay and get a discount (suite for a normal room price!)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
Thank you for your return visit and for sharing your experience here. I'm we missed the mark for you during your first visit and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please continue to let us know what we can do to make your time here enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Northport, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My fiance and I stoppped at this hotel on our way home from a friends house. It was around 4am. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We were exhausted from driving all night and check in was a breeze. The room was extremely clean, as was the rest of the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in this area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thanks for choosing us during your recent stop in Oxford. I know you have a lot of choices here and I'm happy to know you were able to relax and recharge here. Thank you for your nice review and recommendation. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in our area.
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This is a very clean an updated hotel with great room and the best staff. I stay here twice a month and they call me by name as I walk through the door. The manager always makes herself available and has a meet and greet every Tuesday night. If your in the area this is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Thanks so much for your loyalty and for making your very first TA review about your experiences with us here. I'm glad you were and are happy with the accommodations and service that we provide, and hope you will continue to let us know how we can make your stays more enjoyable.
sweden
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Nice hotel with nice berakfast area perfect if stopping for good nights sleep while driving

Room Tip: choose a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thanks for your recent visit and for sharing your comments. I'm sorry if you were disturbed by the elevator, and hope you will accept my apologies. Please let us know when you will be back in our area so we can welcome and thank you in person.
Roanoke, Alabama
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here back in January for an impromptu overnight getaway. Originally, we were going to stay at the Hilton across the street. However, the Hilton has rooms listed incorrectly as non-smoking when they are actually smoking rooms. Therefore, I called HIE and immediately booked a room (jacuzzi suite). Very nice staff, very clean and spacious. Breakfast was great. I can think of nothing bad to say about this hotel. This is one of the finest Holiday Inn properties I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms are awesome.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
I'm glad you chose to stay with us for your recent night out, and that you were happy with the accommodations and service we provide. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.
Florence
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We were in town for the CMP Nationals in February. The hotel was clean, spacious and the staff were wonderful. I am not sure of his title but Hunter is my favorite! I am a big fan of Diet Mt. Dew, the machines were full of coke products but he made sure I had 3 which made my whole trip that much better. We will be going back this summer for CMP Camp and I have already made sure we will be staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
We always enjoy it when CMP has events and brings in so many nice and interesting people from all over the US. Thanks for staying with us and giving us your 5 star rating. Hunter is a terrific member of our team, and works hard at making sure everyone enjoys their visit. I will make sure that he receives the recognition he deserves for being mentioned by you here. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again during your next visit.
Ferrum
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Beautiful hotel and facilities, the BEST staff we've found ANYWHERE, and the CLEANEST, SPACIOUS rooms!! Annette, the front desk manager, was especially kind and friendly! The banquet room is very spacious (even has a fireplace!) and the provided breakfast is different each day, ranging from sausage, eggs, and biscuits to gravy and biscuits. An assortment of breads/bagels, milk, yogurt and juice is also provided. Our room (one of the two large "family rooms") included two queen beds, a flat screen tv, office chair and desk, chair and ottoman, sleeper sofa, and fridge/microwave. Beds were very comfortable and the pillows super fluffy! =) The bathroom was ENORMOUS!! FAST elevators! Very large indoor swimming pool, complete w/ tables and chairs and even includes a hot tub and sauna! Lots of fast food places and restaurants (some even w/in walking distance) around, and Target, Walmart, and Dollar Tree are just a few minutes away. Worth every penny =) and will definitely be our "place to stay" when visiting Oxford in the future!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thanks so much for posting your excellent reivew and photos. We recently completed a remodeling project and I'm glad you like the results. Annette is one of the most special ladies I have the privilege to work with - she has been a true leader with us since she started with us more than 10 years ago. She inspires us all to do our best and be deliver top notch service every day. We look forward to your next visit, and hope you will introduce yourself so we can thank you in person.