“Great hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Rooms are very clean. Staff is very friendly. Would stay here anytime I am in town. I enjoy the mangers reception every Tusday night hosted by Tammy and Kay. The workout room is just what I need to stay in shape.

• Stayed: April 2014
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Kebrand,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your compliments. Our evening receptions give us a chance to meet and greet our guests in a casual environment and I'm glad you have a chance to enjoy them. I hope we can serve you here again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This HIE has it all. I have recently stayed here on various occasions, all business related, but wouldn't hesitate to bring family. The property inside and outside, is clean and sanitary. The staff is the best. They are courteous, friendly, professional and adept at what they do.

This HIE should be considered a standard for any other HIE to be judged.

I will continue to stay there in the future.

Thanks HIE Anniston/Oxford!

Room Tip: Nothing to add.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Larry D,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your nice review. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business and high praise.We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Hotel was clean and only a bit shop-worn in places. Bathroom excellent. Window HVAC unit not my first choice but not too noisy. Breakfast while free was more a super-sized continental breakfast than what I was hoping for. But it got me on my way for the next day in good spirits.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear KDavid6,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your comments. I'm sorry for any discomfort you experienced due to the condition of our hotel, which we do try to maintain at the highest standards. I'm glad you were happy with other aspects of your stay and that we were able to help you start your day in good spirits.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I am platinum with Holiday Inn so I see a lot of them. You know what you are going to get which is both good and bad (I hate the pancake machines!). This hotel is in great shape and the pool and spa are very nice. The wireless access is faster than many Holiday Inns which is a big plus for me. Staff is friendly and professional. Another nice touch is that the air conditioner has a mode that keeps the fan on full time which supplies white noise for better sleeping.

Room Tip: Plenty of good restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guy H,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn family of hotels and for making the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. You, and guests like you, make our jobs of delivering the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. We value your feedback and I will share your comment about the pancake machine with the proper people at the brand. I hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We left without making reservations to drive 8 hrs when a dear relative's doctor had called the family in. We were tired and upset. Had a bad experience outside Atlanta at another hotel. These folks had no idea what we had been through or our state of mind, but were so kind, nice, etc. Rooms were clean, food good. It was quite comforting. Highly recommend

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear misshonoria,

Traveling itself can be stressful enough even in the best of circumstances, and we want all our guests to be able to relax from the moment they walk into our hotel. We talk a great deal of pride in making sure every guest is satisfied and comfortable while they are with us. We appreciate your business and kind words and hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I spent five days here for work and was very happy with this property. The room was clean and comfortable, the hot breakfast was more than adequate and the hotel staff were always pleasant and accommodating.

The hotel was within walking distance to several restaurants and only a few minutes drive to grocery and retail stores.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Anniston / Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

normw60,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights while attending a ball game and booked a king room. We were able to request a ground floor room even though I forgot to request it making my reservations. The desk clerk was very nice and accommodating. We used points to get our king suite so I really can't comment on the value. The room was pretty large as far as rooms go and very clean it had a microwave, small refrigerator with a freezer and had a small sink as well as having a few kitchenette items for convenience. It was furnished with a chair and Ottoman and your typical work desk and chair. A sleeper sofa was there along witha small table and two dinette chairs. Even the blowdryer was surprisingly higher wattage than your normal hotel dryer the breakfast area was clean and had a nice selection including their good cinnamon rolls. The business center was in the same room as the breakfast and had a large flat screen TV and a comfy sofa and a couple of chairs. This hotel even has an indoor pool and a hot tubi can only point out two negatives. The only computer was "out of order" with a sign onthe monitor to go use the one atthe Hampton. If I wanted to go to the Hampton in for the computer I would have stayed there. The printer appeared very outdated as well. And lastly, we attended theJSU game and wassome all day upon returning back to the hotel, we discover that outlets no longer worked. We were loaded down and had to empty our hands and go to the desk to get re keyed. It was no big deal but was a hassle. Overall it was a great stay

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear 87fxrc,

Thank you for giving us a 4 star rating for what was clearly not a perfect stay. I am so sorry we did not perform up to our usual high standards and offer my apologies. We value all guest feedback and use it to improve our operation. I hope you will consider giving us a chance to redeem ourselves and regain your confidence on a future visit.