“Incompetent, incredibly arrogant and poor service.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ozark
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ozark
Reviewed 19 July 2014

First of all, let me state that I did not stay at this hotel, as you will soon see why if you continue to read on. My boss had booked me this hotel through Hotels.com 3 hours before I "checked in." When I came in, Mr. Charles, who seemed nice at first, greeted me. He tells me that the system says I am from Dallas,(I am from Birmingham, AL) He then tells me that the Mastercard my boss used was declined, (My boss uses a Visa fyi). I then tell him that it should've been Hotels.com paying Microtel, not my boss and then he tells me, once again "Well it was declined sir" and then just continues to stand there. I then call my boss to inform her that her payment may not have been accepted. So, hoping to resolve the situation, I hand my boss over to Mr. Charles. He then basically explains to her that this is between us and Expedia(again it was Hotels.com) and then tells my boss that I have an attitude problem. This guy clearly did not want our business. He did not understand the concept that the customer is always right even if theres a conflict with a third party. No, instead he tells us that this is between us and the third party and then sticks his nose where it doesn't belong by telling my boss that I have an "attitude problem." So I told him not to worry about it and I stayed at the Hampton Inn down the street, who were more than willing to hear, no matter how much it may have pained them, my story and book me a nice room. They understand customer service........Microtel in Ozark and Mr. Charles do not.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The motel room was clean, but a little small. The pool was not very clear and a little small for the number of guests playing in it. The breakfast was varied, but the area is small for a busy weekend. The staff were great, very helpful in providing pool towels and putting equipment for the golf. Also great in keeping the breakfast items stocked. We would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Thank J. Hamilton H
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After a long day of driving, the Microtel in Ozark, Alabama was exactly what we needed. We had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Charles, the evening front dest agent, who was not only accommodating but caring and took great pride in his gem of a property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Ozark Microtel was an excellent stay for our family. This place was swimming with amenities such as basketball court, putting green, fitness center, barbeque pit with gazebo overhead, outdoor pool, even a playground. They had all the equipment for those activities freely available at the front desk. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. We did have to ask for a room with a mini fridge as not all of them had one, but that was easy to change. The breakfast is nothing special, typical bagels, waffle iron, muffins and yogurt you see at most continental breakfasts. We saved about $80 over two nights compared to other family members that stayed in Enterprise, Alabama at a HIE. I would stay here again if I were ever in the area a second time.

Room Tip: If you want a mini fridge, make sure to ask for a room with one ahead of time to save some time when...