“Great Southern food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Colby's
Cuisines: American
Description: In the shopping center across from the Ozark First United Methodist Church.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Colby's is a buffet of classic southern dishes. The fried catfish is excellent . Make sure to save room for their wonderful assortment of deserts.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I usually love this tucked away restaurant. I have never visited on Saturday before but I thought the usual would be on the buffet. I was surprised. No fried green tomatoes, no squash casserole, no dressing and only one meat. The food tasted un seasoned and not all seemed cooked. There was only one person on the floor who checked you out, who seated you and waited your table. Long waits for refills...This use to be such a gem of a restaurant..What Happened?

2  Thank brewColumbus_Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2013

All you can eat buffet with good selections of food. Enjoyed the salad bar mostly. Pretty crowded and kitchen has a bit of trouble keeping up with the popular items.

1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Made a recent visit with coworkers to celebrate our office Christmas party; the fellowship was good, but the food was less than average. The buffet had a lot of chicken prepared differently, but I didn’t want chicken. I went to the area of the buffet that had what I thought was Salisbury steak (looked like Salisbury steak…was in rich brown gravy with onions), but it turned out to be more chicken. The vegetables tasted like they were poured straight from the can with little or no seasoning added. And the serve yourself ice cream freezer only had vanilla. In the past, this restaurant would at least carry the three basic ice cream flavors. It’s my opinion that the quality of food has slipped drastically. Come on management…let’s fix this!

2  Thank Big_Globe_Traveler
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This used to be a decent restaurant, we went there again yesterday and the food was terrible. There is only one waitress/cashier/manager and probably the cook too. The mashed potatoes were really runny about the consistency of eggnog, the sweet tea was barely sweet, the salsbury steak tasted like it was dried and put in the sauce as an after thought, the stuffing tatsed like it had vinegar in it, the meatloaf tasted like it had been sitting out for a few days, and the fried chicken was just plain disgusting. To top it all off the floor had a coat of wet film of something on it (it wasn't just water) and was very slippery, my wife my son and I all about slipped and fell on it. We were extremely disappointed and we won't be back again