“what a nightmare”

Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Ozark
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Kids playing basketball in the parking lot til 1:30a.m. Person in the room next to us was screaming profanities on the phone for over an hour. Went to the front desk to complain and the doors were locked at 10 p.m. I would try to avoid this spot at all costs.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank illini59
OzarkALJI, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Illini59,

First I’d like to thank you for your candid comment and would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. Our goal is to make sure every guest has a perfect stay every time. I will review your comments with the front desk staff in efforts to make sure these issues will not happen again.

As a company, Jameson Inn wants to ensure the safety of our guests and employees. To provide this, we are asked to lock our doors at 10:00pm, but to have a window available for our guests to use to check in and out with. We staff our hotel 24 hours a day and are available for our guest needs. I apologize for any inconveniences to you. I hope that sometime in the future you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your experiences.

Kind Regards,

Debbie

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Business took us to Ozark Alabama and the Jameson Inn was suggested as a place to stay. How delightfully surprised we were to find such an fabulous facility in a small place like Ozark. The staff was exceptionally helpful and the rooms could equal any of the larger hotels at a much higher price. They offered a breakfast the served our needs and the overall atmosphere was excellent. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: I would say any of the rooms would be considered a good room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ESCdn
OzarkALJI, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience of staying with us. It is always a joy to read where someone was pleasantly surprised to discover quality and service while staying at the Jameson Inn located in the small southern town of Ozark, Al.

It was our pleasure serving you with warm smiles and southern hospitality and look forward to the next time your business brings you our way.

Again, thank you the pleasure was all ours.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Great customer service, Debbie and staff at the Jameson went above and beyond. Great stay while we were there; clean rooms, good restaurants nearby--my family and I were tired of the vehicle after days of driving, and were able to walk to a decent Mexican place just a minute away...Speaking of customer service, a day after we'd checked out, I called the Jameson to see if their staff had found my young daughter's favorite stuffed animal...It could've been anywhere along the way, but Debbie had her folks looking high and low for my daughter's lovey. Sure enough, they'd found it, run it through the wash, and after some phone-tag between employees, they gave me a call a day or so later to tell me they had it for us. How great is that? I was able to go back to the hotel (being military, we're now local to the area), pick up her stuffed animal, and make my daughter's day. Debbie even walked out to catch the reunion. Great people there, it took a team effort to locate that little toy--I hope they know the good they did. Thanks again Debbie and crew--you made our first impression of this area a great one.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
OzarkALJI, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Dear BJ1780,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay at the Jameson Inn Ozark, AL. It is our goal to provide great service along with a great experience for all including reuniting a most treasured possession that was left behind. There wasn’t a dry eye left standing as we witnessed your daughter’s face light up when her tiny little fingers clutched her most prized possession once again.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you and may I add “Welcome to Southern Hospitality at its finest”.

Best Regards,
Debbie Beach

Reviewed 28 December 2011

We used hotels.com to book a room here. We chose this hotel because it was on the route we were taking for our trip and they are dog friendly. When we got to the hotel 10 hours after I made reservations hotels.com had not forwarded our information or reservation that had been paid in full. It was 10pm and the lady at the desk was so appolegetic even though it wasn't her fault. Our room was clean and well appointed on the second floor. There is a bar in a shopping center next door and a drunk man approached my husband asking for money. Fortunately my usually passive dog felt threatened and scared the man away. We could hear everything happening in the parking lot. The beds were comfortable and clean and we would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Debbie B, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Dear Lisalyn 195,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience of staying with us.
We try to make every stay a wonderful stay for our guests so their journey will be
a pleasant and memorable one.

Next time you find yourself passing thru our area please stop in an allow us to serve you again.
Debbie Beach

Reviewed 27 December 2011

A bit off the beaten path, but close to shopping and good food. This motel is super clean, super affordable, and very quiet. The staff was wonderful. We have traveled from OR to FL and are heading back. This is one of the better hotels we have enjoyed.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank swieg_11
OzarkALJI, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences while with us at the Jameson Inn of Ozark, AL

Much thought went into our location in order to offer you many choices of eateries and sundries all within walking distance. Having Super Wal-Mart across the street, along with two sit down restaurants; Applebee and ElPalcio’s, dining is easy and affordable. If all you want to do is just get to your room and slip into your PJ’s, Dominio’s Pizza is located right in front of the hotel and will cheerfully deliver before you can say “Great place to stay”.

Thank you again for your kind words. I will share them with George, Nancy, Angela, Cory and Michelle as we look forward to serving you on your next wonderful visit off the beaten path.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Rooms were adequate for the price. The breakfast was OK-waffles, sausage biscuit, cereal, bagels, milk, fruit, and excellent coffee--enough to get you started for the day. For the best rate call the hotel directly for a weekend rate. There is lots of competition in Ozark so you need to check the six hotels available.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side--the sun comes up on the east side and may affect a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Jameson I, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Thank you for visiting our Jameson Inn in Ozark, AL. We really appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel and will make sure and share them with our team members. We do strive to be better than just ok, so your feedback will be very helpful to our overall service and guest experience.

We are truly grateful for the opportunity to serve you here in Ozark and look forward to seeing you again soon. We would be delighted to make your reservations directly here at the desk so please feel free to call us anytime.

Larry Lowe
District Manager

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Recently me and my wife stayed the night at the jameson inn of ozark alabama. As a frequent traveler I get to see and hear of alot of hotels and this is one of the most relaxing stays. At first my wife was worried because there was also numerous baseball teams staying also, but never once did it interfere with our stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
Jameson I, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Dear 12 Travelaround,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Jameson Inn of Ozark, AL. We take pride in our hotel and on delivering excellent customer service to all of our guests. It is always great to know our efforts are noticed and appreciated. I look forward to making your next stay as relaxing as the first.

Larry Lowe
District Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ozark
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ozark
Comfort Suites Dothan
Comfort Suites Dothan
#11 of 27 in Dothan
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dothan

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark? Share your experiences!