“Great for Business Stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Pensacola, Florida
“Great for Business Stay”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stay at this property at least 2X per month.Rooms are fresh and clean,breakfast is always prepared early(before 6am) great for business travelers.Management and all associates are very friendly and helpful.This is one of my favorite hotels and I stay in hotels 4-5 nights a week.
Good exercise room,pool and spa great for families,Only negative in the entire hotel is their satelite tv system has limited channels.(no AMC and TCM)They do have multiple HBO and ESPN.This is only a minor inconvenience.

Room Tip: floors 3 and 4 are the quietest,If you are a marriott rewards member ask for a upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank alanporter41
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Guest feedback helps us measure our performance and we appreciate your comments. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I reserved a 1-bedroom suite as our son was traveling from out of town to join us for a retirement party. Upon check in, the desk clerk said there was a $25 fee for a second car. Seems there was a concert next door, and the hotel declared this a special event thus the parking fee. What a rip off! False advertising at its best since 'Complimentary Parking' means only when it benefits the hotel. I cancelled a reservation at a competitor's hotel to get this suite. Had I known about the parking fee, I would not have picked this property. Shame on the General Manager. This is not in keeping with Marriott tradition, and as an elite Marriott member, I'll let corporate know that deception is not good for the brand.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RSBAtlanta_GA
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate guest feedback as it helps us measure our performance and look for areas of improvement. We imposed a second car fee due to the concert in our area. We made attempts to contact guest prior to arrival and aplogize if you were not informed in advance. We will re-examine our parking policy during concert nights and will implement better communication with our guests at these times. Thank you for staying with us.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Newer, well kept, nice gym....just clean. Easy to find although it's not on the highway motel sign. Only true complaint is the breakfast lacked - needed hard boiled eggs and better muffins, etc. Sure, they're always institutional at this kind of place but these were extra bad. But great property overall.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate guest feedcback as it allows us to measure our performance and identify areas for improvement. I have shared your comments with our team and will be evaluating other options for the breakfast items in your review. Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Alabaster, Alabama
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We recently had an unfortunate reason to have to go to a motel for the night from our home nearby. I found the Fairfield Inn via the internet and booked a room for one night about 6:00pm. We arrived shortly after that and was so pleasantly surprised at the room. It was very clean and comfortable. Everyone we came in contact with was very nice and should the occasion arise again, we would go back there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Brooklin, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This fairly new hotel was everything we thought it would be,easy access,clean and a nice room with a nice clean bathroom.Unfortunately it was spoilt by the lack of attention at the breakfast bar.
At 9 10am friday 15th March there was no bread or bagels.I could see 2 females talking in the kitchen, eventually a young man appeared I told him the problem and he filled up immediately.
There were several tables littered, unfortunately guests had not removed their own mess, after we cleaned one the same young man came and cleaned another.
The waffle making station was disgusting a mess left by guests,but surely someone is supposed to clean during the breakfast hour plus the rest of the counters were messy.

Check in was good the staff were friendly helpful and quick,check out the young lady couldn't talk to us as she had her mouth full of food we waited until she had finished and then she checked us out.
Having said all this these minor problems are a quick fix by management.
We would stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor 130 and didn't have any problems we were close to an entrance so it...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. The most valuable feedback we receive is that from our guests and we appreciate it as it helps us measure our performance and in this case professionalism too. The breakfast bar concerns you expressed are extrmely important to us and these concerns will be address with our staff. Professionalism is very importat to us and it is obvious that we need to re-train some of our team members on this. thank you for sharing your comments. When you stay with us again, I m sure you will find that we have resolved these issues. Thank you for staying with us.
Daphne, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Clean, located near interstate with many eating options nearby. The staff is always friendly and will assist you with any problem. I stay here almost every time I'm in the area. The breakfast is always fresh and the managers "happy hours" during the week are a welcome site after a long day.

Room Tip: I've stayed on every floor, try to avoid the 1st, but otherwise you should be happy with any roo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Consistency is important to us and our team works very hard to provide cosistent service and quality to every guest every time. Thank you for your feedback and I will certainly share it with our team. We're glad that our hotel is your "home away from home" when you come to our area and look forward to your next stay with us.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night while traveling. I wished we could have stayed longer! You can definitely tell this is a newer hotel because you can't hear any noise from the neighboring rooms, there are two elevators, the bathrooms are spacious, etc.
We found this property very clean and well maintained. The decor in the rooms as well as the entire hotel was modern. The bathrooms were quite large. The beds were comfortable and both the microwave and fridge in our room were clean. We didn't use the internet service so I can't comment on that. Both my husband and daughter used the indoor swimming pool and enjoyed their swim. We found the free breakfast to be more than enough to fill us up. There was sausage, eggs, cereal, a waffle maker, juices, etc. Even the lady putting out the breakfast items was in a cheery mood. I wish all hotels were like this one!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank deebeeinar
BhamSalesdirector, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We certainly strive for clean and friendly and work to achieve that experience with each guest. Thank you for staying with is and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pelham
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria
Ramada Pelham
Ramada Pelham
#6 of 10 in Pelham

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Birmingham Pelham/I-65? Share your experiences!