Comfort Suites
Sleep Inn(Pelham)
US$81
US$82
TripAdvisor
Candlewood Suites Alabaster(Alabaster)(Great Value!)
US$98
TripAdvisor
All reviewslove seatvery pleasant staywould stay here againquiet roomfitness centereasy accesssouthbirminghambeddingtub
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This was a nice motel, the hallways were overly hot and humid. The room was super nice. The front desk staff spent a good chunk of the time I was checking in flirting with another guest. The worst part of this motel was we forgot a bag in the room and when I called back to see if it had been found an ipod that was in the bag was no longer there. The manager I spoke with stated to me that her staff did not steal so it could not have been stolen. I would like to know where it went then as it was in the bag.

Room Tip: Don't leave anything behind you may not get it back
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
C0mf0rtSuites, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Sorry to hear of the problems you had while visiting. Staff issues have been corrected. So please come visit again when here in Pelham, AL. Call me!

Reviewed 17 June 2012

We were very pleased with this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable and the rate was excellent! The breakfast was average but free, so I have no complaints! All in all, I would stay at this hotel again!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thanks!!!

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed here due to having to attend a wedding in the area. We often stay with Comfort Suites which was why we made our choice here. It was not up to par with the standards we are used to with this chain of hotels. There were many little appearance issues that the hotel management and maintenance have overlooked. Our first morning there we did not have the selection choice of hot breakfast we are used to while staying at Comfort Suites. The rooms were clean and comfortable, location was in a good spot, convenient to stores and restaurants. We were honestly a little disappointed with our stay, although not an awful experience, it was not par for the course with other Comfort Suites we have stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Sorry that you visit was not up to par. Staff issues have been corrected and I hope that you will be up to giving us a second chance!!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We left Florida without making a reservation for a room in Pelham. Thankfully for our 4G cell phones we were able to contact this Comfort Suites to confirm availability. It was the first hotel of many we called that had a room (there was a huge soccer tournament and the Big 4 were playing that weekend). My guess is the only reason this hotel had rooms is because it's tucked away in a fairly nice business district.

The clerk at the desk was very professional and checking in was quick. Everything about the room was quite comfortable. The only minor issues I had was that the bathroom counter space is limited so it gets crowded with toiletries, etc. for more than one guest. Also, the bathroom sink was clogged and could hardly drain (had the same problem in the Comfort Suites in Bloomington) the next night. If that's all that I can find wrong with Comfort Suites .. I can handle that.

We had checked in around 8:00 p.m. My husband went out for ice around 11:00 p.m. and saw a line out the front door of people wanting to check in.

The breakfast area definitely wasn't big enough to handle all the guests the next morning (and I'm pretty sure staff wasn't prepared for what literally became a full house over night) so I skipped breakfast there.

Turns out we heard from another guest a friend of their was driving down from Tennessee and couldn't find a room to stay in along that route either. Had we not found this room we were probably looking at another 4 hours of driving in rain after an already long day in the car.

Thank you Comfort Suites in Pelham .. we are very grateful that didn't happen to us!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank luv2packlite

Thanks for the compliments. Glad we could be a blessing to you and your family! Look forward to seeing you soon. Staff issue as far as maintenance has been corrected. I have a great team I must say so myself!

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Check-in was smooth and the hotel room was great. It had two queen-size beds, a separate seating area with a love seat and a nice bathroom. Everything was set an angles which was rather different. The only drawbacks to our room was that the refrigerator did not work, something we did not discover until the next morning when we went to get a drink and it was not cold.
To make this property better, the staff should really beef up its breakfast. We have stayed at many Choice Hotel properties and breakfast varies from hardly edible to great. This was very mediocre. The waffles were not good, and there was only one waffle iron. The breakfast area was small and the tables were not wiped down after each guest. The entree was biscuits with sausage gravy. There were boiled eggs and cereal and danish, but the buffet left something to be desired. They really should offer ham and eggs like other hotels. There was too much starch and hardly any protein.
The breakfast was really the weakest link in this hotel experience. The staff seemed nice and the hotel had some good amenities. I would recommend staying there, just go elsewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

I am sorry you were not pleased with the breakfast but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about the limited space I have said so time and time again that I wish i had more space. Maybe with the changes we have done you will find that it is a better selection of things so come give us another try!