“Mr Patel is an angel!”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Mr Patel is an angel!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Mr Patel is an absolutely idyllic hotel manager! He gave us a warm welcome and was always ready to give advice on local attractions such as hooters (he loves prawns).

Rooms adequate, reasonably clean, big bed, TV and fridge. Only one tiny pillow per person which was slightly odd but comfortable bed. The shower was rubbish and the breakfast not great; coffee, fruit and cereal.

Location was POOR for Birmingham if this is the reason for your stay like ours, however if you enjoy fast food and truckers the location is perfect.

Overall GREAT value for money

Room Tip: Ask for Mr Patel!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 6 July 2014

$40/ night was the draw for me and next to reputable hotels I've stayed in when on business. Hotel worker smoking on front step entrance upon arrival. Room. Wow, carpet pieced in and buckled, rusted and broken metal fixtures everywhere,carpeted baseboards peeling off with rusty staples sticking out, cracked bathroom tiles...okay, you get the picture. I had to take pictures of this room as I knew no one would believe it. Even the shampoo packet was sticky. Got exactly what I paid for; a roof over my head for the next 3 days, hot water, cold air. Won't be staying again in the future, a real dive.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank David B
South Fulton, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 July 2014

There is a NO smoking sign on the front door, that no one pay attention to. The hotel smelled like cigarette smoke & bad peach air fresher the smell was gross. The A/C unit leaked water all over the floor & got my daughter bag wet on the bottom. Thank goodness it has a hard bottom. The floor was gross looking, we never walked on the floor without shoes on. Their ad says they have free Wi-Fi that's a joke it didn't even work. Thankful McDonald's sit in front of it & has free Wi-Fi. The lock on the door didn't even meet the faceplate so you couldn't lock the door from inside the room. The comforter & curtains had cigarette burns in them. The sheets had a few little spot on we didn't know what they were, so we slept on top of the covers & wash all our bedding & clothes in hot water the next day when we got home incase of bed bugs. Their breakfast was a joke some muffins, cereal, juice, coffee, milk (that was sour I know because I smell it before I decide to drink it.) & bananas (that were half rotten.) The bathroom was small & didn't look very clean. The border of carpet that was on the wall by the bathroom was starting to come unglued from the wall.

Room Tip: The best way to choose a good room in this hotel is to stay at anther hotel in the area. They're...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel smells bad and is very dirty. I asked to be moved to a different room after the smell gave me a headache. The second room they sent me to was filthy with a dirty restroom floor, toilet seat and a bug in the toilet. They gave me the key to a third room and it was worse.

I told them I would take either room if they cleaned the restroom. When we arrived that night for our second night of the none refundable stay they changed my room for me and guess what. The bug was still in the toilet, the toilet seat was still dirty and there were only 8 hairs on the restroom floor. When I reported this to the front desk the guy said just flush the toilet and the bug will be gone. When I asked about the dirty floor with hairs everywhere - he started cussing and complaining about the maids.

I have many pictures of this filthy hotel including the breakfast area. There has to be some health codes violations at this place.

They had no clean rooms to let me stay in and no staff on duty to clean the restroom so I got the cleaning supplies from front desk to clean it myself. I them returned the dirty and hairy rag back to the front desk. He was so concerned he wouldn't leave the desk to look at the rooms.

Room Tip: Run to the next hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Bessemer, Alabama
Reviewed 20 June 2014

the handicapped rooms r so small cant even get a wheel chair in there.the bathroom has mold everywhere.no snack vending machine.the room has a bad oder.r door to our room want even close good.there is some shady looking people that hang out side.

• Stayed June 2014
Iuka, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I only require some basic fundamentals when I stay out of town. A clean room and an affordable price. This hotel had both requirements and more. Found the room very clean. We stayed for 2 nights. Beds seemed new with nice linens and fluffy pillows. Enjoyable atmosphere. Refrigerator in room, microwave, coffee maker and supplies. Laundry equipment is available and a modest breakfast nook. If you want a little more for breakfast, the Waffle House is in walking distance - with a very friendly staff, btw.
The bathroom was a little small - but honestly, how much time do you need in the bathroom?

I read some of the other reviews so I guess it could be hit or miss but our stay was very enjoyable. The staff was friendly. I was very pleased and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I booked this hotel only because my daughters college softball team had booked here. The team checked in a day before. All the girls told me that it was a terrible hotel. Several of the girls said their room smelled of weed. After checking in, it did not take me long to agree with them. This was in fact the worst hotel and room I had ever stayed in. The bedspread, drapes and furnishings looked like they were from the 70s and had seen better days. The room had a musky smell. Both chairs wobbled and felt like they would collapse any minute. The carpet was worn out and dirty. The floor creaked as you walked on it. The air conditioning did not keep the room cool. The TV was 20 years old. The room was small and cramped. The whole hotel was in horrible condition. I will never stay in another Travelodge.

Room Tip: Do not stay here at any price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family