“Halfway between Ohio Home and Florida!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Pelham
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Have only driven I65 to Florida one other time - so I was not familiar with a halfway point to stay the night. A friend who travels through the Birmingham area suggested staying south of that city in Pelham. It was the perfect spot and I will keep this hotel on my list for next time. Front desk was friendly, room clean and quiet, bed comfortable! Breakfast was filling and warm selections available. Only negative comment was the shower door - it was very hard to shut when in the shower stall.

dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments. I am certainly sorry about the shower door. I hope that if you come this way again, you will stay with us and I will make certain that your stay is enjoyable.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I was a little apprehensive after reading the reviews but I decided to try it. I'm happy I did. My stay turned out great. I stopped at this hotel because most of Birmingham was sold out. There were no nonsmoking rooms available but the front desk person told me I could take my pick of the available rooms. I looked at three rooms before checking in. I choose one that was really clean and didn't have a strong smoke odor. The only downside to the room was the micro bathroom and shady hotel cable. The bathroom was European standard with only a shower and a toilet that closed off from the room by a pocket door. The room was great and it comes with a fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

We are so glad that you chose us. I hope that you will choose us again when you are traveling or just stop by. Our bathrooms are built small, but we hope that we made up for that issue. Thank you so much for your comments and we hope that you have a good holiday season.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stopped on our way to Gatlinburg. Spotless and well maintained. Rooms a little small but adequate. Good breakfast. Good nights rest. Friendly staff. Would highly recommend. Close to Oak Mountain State Park.

1  Thank SeaKayker
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments concerning your stay at Sleep Inn in Pelham, AL. These comments were appreciated by our entire staff and we wish you the best of the Holiday Season.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Stayed here with family for a night on the way to Gatlinburg...

1. Close to the Interstate
2. Restaurants, Gas Stations, Walmart, etc. - nearby
3. Good breakfast menu
4. Easy check-in, check-out
5. Nice overall

dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Thank you so much for your business and your wonderful comments. We hope that you had a good experience at our hotel and wish you and your family a Happy Holiday Season.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I enjoyed my stay in Pelham and the Sleep Inn very much. The room was nice and the bed was comfy and Thank God the window opened since the stale air or hotel rooms usually bothers my sinuses I was so happy to have a window to allow some fresh in!!! There was an in room fridge and microwave, a nice size desk to work at and a very nice flat screen television. The staff was friendly and accomadating as well. They did offer breakfast but I opted to eat out since there were quite a few choices right there in walking distance. I got a good nights sleep since the hotel was quiet and even with a room on the front side of the bulding the traffic wasn't a problem either. I have to say I throughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend this place to travelers!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Thank you so much for being our guest. We really appreciate your good comments and hope that if you are in our area again, you'll stop by. Thanks...

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Ideal location for visiting Montevallo University and close to Oak Mountain State Park. Stayed here last year and will be back again in 2013. The staff were friendly and remembered us from last year. Thank you for making us so welcome.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
dhani1, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thank you so very much for your comments. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future. Please know that you are a very valued guest.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

This hotel was super clean, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast was great with a large variety of items that were fresh and well stocked. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. We slept very well and I didn't hear any noises during the night. There were plenty of places to eat in Pelham and it is a quick exit from Birmingham. The price was great. $20 a night cheaper than the other places that were featured for the soccer tourney. I will definitely stay here again next year or any other time that we are in the area. The air conditioner had a nice hum to help us sleep. I highly recommend this hotel. After check out, I realized I had left my phone charger in the room and I called back to tell them. After the soccer tourney, I went back to the hotel and the charger was at the desk with my room number on it. Great service!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed at the top of the steps and never heard another person walking in the hall or closing door...